• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR – unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support’ Success Factors

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trying to play and view SCORM compatible files exported from Adobe Captivate 8 and 9 in Success Factors LMS.

I get the message - 'ERROR – unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support’

I have tried SCORM versions 1.2 v3 and 2004 V2 and V4.  We can view the content, however it does not track, show as complete etc.

We are just in the process of implementing Success Factors and are a bit stumped....

Anyone experienced this problem before? Or know of a fix?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload your same zipped SCORMs to SCORM Cloud to test.

If they work in SCORM Cloud then the issue is with your LMS.

If they also do not work in SCORM Cloud then the issue is with your SCORMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, I have tried the files in SCORM cloud and they do work and track, I demonstrated this to our implementation partner and they said that this is a different system to Success Factors and does not have as many complex tracking functionality and the problem still lies with the content.

Is the information we are being told incorrect from the partner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and No. 

Yes SCORM Cloud is definitely a different system to Success Factors.

No that doesn't mean its tracking ability isn't as good.  It's probably even better.

They're just trying to dodge having to get in and look under the hood at what the real problem is.

Each LMS vendor has a slightly different idea of how the SCORM standard should be implemented.  They would LIKE you to think that their LMS is better than everyone else's but that's just their marketing hype.  Don't take it as gospel.

SCORM Cloud is actually built by Rustici Software, the people that are heavily involved in the SCORM standard itself, as well as the Tin Can / xAPI / Experience API (whatever you want to call it) standard that was supposed to replace SCORM (but hasn't).

Rustici Software's products are recognised as being the best in the industry and they actually build many of the SCORM Players that are used by other top-rank LMSs.  SCORM Cloud itself is recognised as the 'gold standard' for SCORM compliance and that's why we always recommend people test out their Captivate SCORMs there before concluding that the problem MUST be with their content.

The LMS vendors ALWAYS blame the content.  But in the vast majority of cases that I have seen the issue is actually with the way the LMS has chosen to interpret the SCORM standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, my current client (an international oil and gas company) uses Success Factors.

My Captivate content is working fine with their LMS with the following settings:
LMS_SuccessFactors_REPORTING.png

LMS_SuccessFactors_MANIFEST.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, mirrored your settings and still the same problem persists - really appreciate the help and I will have to go back to the implementation company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload my zip file in scorm cloud but its not working what i will do 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you will need to do is provide more information.

• Did SCORM Cloud give any error message?
  • Are you sure you published to a valid SCORM package (e.g. SCORM 1.2 version)?
  • In what way is your course module "not working"?
  • Do you see a preloading animation but no content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error when I publish the files to a folder from Captivate and view output. This is before bringing it into the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think this is a normal error because it is not hooked into an LMS right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - the error just means that it isn't synced with the LMS. Since you've not yet uploaded it - that's expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable it all,  make elearning output disable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adchef.

If you are asking a question, you will need to give more information.  This thread is four years old. 

Perhaps you should start another thread and ask your queston there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

Anyone please explain about this error i'm new to Captivate. Whenever built the project/module and plays in browser(html5) same error message shown on browser. what to do? please replay me.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ths other answers on this thread clearly explain what is happening.  Have you read the other answers yet?  Is there something about this that is still not clear to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources