Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to publish to print

Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a relatively new version of Adobe Captivate 5.02.630.  I have never been able to publish to print anything.  Instead, I get the message "Publish to MS Word failed. Retry after ensuring that

-the document is not open.

-you have installed Micorsoft Word.

I have Microsoft Word.  I have made sure that my project is residing on my C drive.  I don't understand how I'm suppose to ensure that the document is not open.

I am using a PC and version 5.02.630 of Adobe Captivate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you look if the Word document really doesn't exist? I got that message as well with version 5 (I'm on 5.5 now), but the document was created and could be opened in Word. Which versio of Word are you using?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using work version 14.0.5128.5000. I do not see any such file in the folder I am publishing to when I browse to open in Word.

Could my version of Word be an issue?

Jane

Jane Shaughness, Training Coordinator

The University of Texas at Austin

University Compliance Services

UTA 2.206, Mail Code D9200

PO Box 8118

Austin, Texas 78713-8118

(512) 232-7842

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Word 2010, I do not know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit. I had issues with the 64-bit version and CP 5.0 but could open the documents (not right away from within CP) with the 32-bit version,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri -

I have the 32 bit version. What do you mean "not right away from within CP"? that you have to close out CP and open the document through Word?

Jane

Jane Shaughness, Training Coordinator

The University of Texas at Austin

University Compliance Services

UTA 2.206, Mail Code D9200

PO Box 8118

Austin, Texas 78713-8118

(512) 232-7842

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mean that I had to open the program Word and then look for the file to open it. When CP tried to open it after publishing, got an error.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a correct answer to this issue on my post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4001588).  It has nothing to do with Word version of 32 vs 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue today.  Unfortunately, the link to the solution does not work.  The Word document does not appear to generate at all.  Can anyone tell me the answer please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is from 2011, please start a new thread and mention which version of Captivate you are using. The full version number can be found under Help, About Captivate. Know that the most recent version  - 12 - has no way to create a printed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources