Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Captivate Presentation to a PDF Version or PPT

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community!

I recently purchased Captivate 2019 and created a simple storyboard presentation to submit for a class. I sent it to my professor not realizing she would also need Adobe captivate to open the file I sent her. Other than creating a snap shot of each slide and pasting into PPT, is there a way I can share it with her by changing the format? I tried printing and then saving as a storyboard, but it would not save to my captivate project folder. I'm confused. 

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish to HTML5, upload to webserver and send the URL to the teacher.

If you don't have interactivity nor branching you can also publish to mp4, can be played with ay video player.

Or have her install the Reviewer app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried publishing to HTML5. It generates a URL that you as an 'Output' but then it's not sharable/accessable from the web. How do you upload to the webserver? I could also try publishing to mp4, but I do have some quizzes and a widget. It's just a storyboard, so it doesn't have to be interactive in the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Captivate project file (CPTX) publishes the content out to HTML5 format.  This results in a collection of files that are launched by the file called index.html at the root level of the output folder.  Initially that folder will be somewhere on your own computer hard drive.  But in order for other people to view the output in their own web browser, you will need to place all of the output files on a web server that they can reach with their web browsers and send them the URL that launches the content there.

Now I note that you are using Captivate as part of some kind of 'class' and you have access to a 'professor'.  So, has there been no instruction provided about how to make your content viewable to others on the web?  Is there no web server access provided for this class?  What is the topic material about if even your professor cannot tell you how to make content viewable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources