• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fade Background Music

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video on one of my slides and was wondering if anyone knows how to make the background music fade out on that slide and back on after the video slide?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

You can turn off background audio on slides that contain something like a video or other audio, however, you cannot temporarily fade out background audio on the previous slide and back in on the subsequent slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off background audio on slides that contain something like a video or other audio, however, you cannot temporarily fade out background audio on the previous slide and back in on the subsequent slide.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do u do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer supplied indicates that a user can turn off background audio on slides that contain a video, but it does not indicate how to do so. The original question was asking how to make it fade, but if direction could be provided to make music stop at the slide that begins the video, then resume when the video concludes, that would be helpful.

I don't believe the responses currently provided have solved this issue and would be eager for a more thorough response from the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, you'll seldom see someone from Adobe staff.  Check this box in the tab Options of the slide Properties to stop background audio on a slide.

StopBGAudio.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I am aware that this is an old thread but would you be able to explain how the background music on an Adobe Spark video can be turned off for the slide(s) where a video clip has been added? Many thanks.

Eilish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the problem I am having.  I tried to find the properties tab listed above, but could not find it. Thanks;.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you turn off the background audio? I am not seeing any options for individual slides. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I can not find the option to do this action. Could someone please find out how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you have selected Enable Custom Workspaces in Preferences and reboot Captivate so that you can set up your profile to see the Properties tab by default.

Then select the slide in the Filmstrip, then on the Properties tab, click Options and you should see the checkbox there to Stop Background Audio.  However, if you do not have any background audio already set up then the option will be greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do we find "preferences"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Win users: under the Edit menu, or by using SHIFT-F8, For Mac under the Captivate menu, same shortcut key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an option only in the paid version?  I don't see it on the free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is fully functional and has all the same options as the paid version except that it is time limited and published content will only work for 30 days after publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I have a trial version but a free version of Adobe Spark and have been using it since the first of the year.  I'm trying to turn off backgorund music for one slide and found this string.  I don't see preferences per your instruction above and don't have a Captivate menu.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the Adobe Captivate User Forum, not the Adobe Spark forum.  Is it possible you may be asking your question in the wrong forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources