• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error when trying to add Closed Caption and/or Slide Notes

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject says, I get a fatal error everytime I click on the plus sign to add closed captioning (CC) and/or slide notes.  I select the section of audio for which I want to add the CC, click the plus, and POW!  Fatal error everytime.  I've tried this on multiple projects.  I even created a new blank project, added an audio clip, and attempted to add CC to no avail.  I'm using version 11.5.0.476.  Trying to get our admins to update to the latest version to see if this will fix it, but I doubt it as I cannot find anyone with a similar post.  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are indeed on a version which got quickely a bug patch. Please upgrade to 11.5.1.499 and check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to (or even before) updating, I would suggest you try resetting your Preferences.  That will also sometimes resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that this problem occurred with the first version of 11.5, reason why I insisted on upgrading immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally get the update once I should your response to our admins.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same fatal error.  The error has nothing specific as to why it crashed, just that it did crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but I can't seem to find how to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file while Captivate is closed. Are you on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.  Still a fatal situation.  I'll see if I can get it uninstalled/reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I'm on Windows 10.  I also have creative cloud with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same "fatal error" when I try to add closed captions.  Has anyone found a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting the same fatal error with both Closed Captioning and Text to Speech. I'm on the 11.5.533 version. I have done the CleanPreferences process and nothing is helping. Does anyone have a fix for this!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources