Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

feedback at specific time on paused event video

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm trying to allow learners to pause an event video - I used Paul's tutorial to create play/pause buttons (which works great!). Now I want the learners to receive feedback if they pause either too early, too late, or at the right time.

So - video plays, learner is instructed to pause when they see a certain thing on video, if they get the right timing they get a Positive feedback, if they are too early  or too late, they get a "too early" or "too late" feedback.

Any suggestions? Tutorials? Help please?

gator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK that is not possible with event video, only with slide video. Except if you script with JS. Event video plays totally independent from Captivate's timeline, whereas slide video is synchronized which allows to track the frame where the pause happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. I'll have to see if the pause/play buttons still work in slide video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That will not be the case, I fear.

Have a look at:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-play-slash-pause-button-version-cp2019

You willl need the timing system variables to create and pop up the feedback messages as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources