• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash of effect before it starts

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using to entrace effects on 2 different pages in Captivate 2019.  When I publish the course there's a flash for a split second before the effect executes.  I've tried changing the transition but it has not corrected the issue.

Any idea how I can correct this problem? 

Thanks,

IDOLproff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To which type of object did you apply the efect? Was it is a shape or a SVG? Which entrance effect?

You could try applying a simple short transition (Fade in'), but it is not always working.

Another workaround is to hide the object and instead of applying only the effect to use an advanced action with three commands:

1. Apply Effect to object
  2. Delay next actions by 0.2 secs
  3. Show object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one is an image.  The effect works fine.  It's when the slide first appears that it flashes for a split second and then the effect works as it's supposed to.  The other one is a text caption.  

Idolproff_0-1592941822222.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Entrance effect please? Did you try my workaround? Mostly I have only that flickering for SVGs and Shapes, rarely for other object types. It depends also on the used browser. Which browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect is FadeZoomIn on this page. On the other page it uses "Fly in from bottom" (text caption box).  The browser i'm using is chrome.  The course was published in HTML 5.  Have not tried a differnt browser, but I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Idolproff,

I've just finished a Cp project, in which I made extensive use of effects. Previously I too had problems with flashes before the effect executes. It depends what you mean by 'flash'. In my case it was that the visual object appeared for a split second before the effect ran. Now I set up for each effect object under Timing a transition Fade in only with a short duration (I go for 0.5 sec) and this really helps.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my suggestion as well, but it is not alway having the wanted result, especially for SVGs and shapes. Hence my second suggestion about Delaying. That is always functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you are right. But Idolproff is talking about an image and a text caption. And there a simple addition of Fade in only helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You repeated what was already told...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI kdmemory

You're description of what happened to you, is exactly what I was talking about.  I should have said it in a more clear manner. I'll try what you suggestd.   Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources