• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folienvideo Vimeo

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have embedded a video from Vimeo in a course (current Captivate version). The video is also shown, but when it is played it starts again (loop) - but only for the first few seconds. This is obviously a bug in Captivate.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is is "obviously a bug in Captivate"?

Videos don't normally do that in Captivate.  But this isn't just a typical video inserted as an MP4.  It's a video that resides on an external server run by Vimeo.  

So, why is there no possibility this issue might be due to something that Vimeo is doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I watch the video in Vimeo (also Stream, also my browser -Chrome-) everything works fine. I also experimented a little to "fix" the error: for example, I shortened the video replay time (in Captivate) by 1, 2 or 3 seconds: the video was finished earlier, but the loop was still there. In the meantime, in the video editing, I put 5 seconds of white space before and 15 seconds of white space after the video, so that only "white" can be seen during the loop. But that's just a tool to make it work at all. I suspect that the real video duration (minutes: seconds: frames) cannot be interpreted exactly by Captivate (only whole seconds) and therefore this error occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, for me it is a bug. I got the same issue, and I've been trying to tackle it moving my interactive videos around the timeline.

It helped a bit converting my video files from 25p to 30p and re-uploading them to Vimeo. But something goes wrong with the vid.onended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you believe it's a bug and the blame should be on Captivate by all means submit the bug report to Adobe.  Far be it from me to prevent any potential improvement to the app.

However, since the other common denominator in both of these examples is Vimeo, I would be interested to hear what Adobe says about it.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Adobe actually chimed in on this forum from time to time and gave some company perspective about the issues we deal with here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem, which is really annoying because being able to use Vimeo to host video rather than progressive downloads within the Captivate file has distinct benefits. It happens only with some videos and some devices (iPad, Android phone, slower PCs), but it is more often than not. I tried extending the video, extending the slide beginning and end, but nothing works. Something very odd is going on.

Indeed it would be great if someone from Adobe chimed in here. I opened a ticket with Adobe a couple of days ago. I would recommend that others do the same. The Vimeo implementation in Captivate was bugged and has been improved with the latest release, but there are still issues that I suspect are down to Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up on this, I have noticed that when a video is added from Vimeo sometimes the duration is extended by about 0.3-0.5 seconds. This may well explain the problem.

I have reported this to Adobe but they are being rather slow.

If anyone else has this I suggest adding a local copy of the video to one slide and then the same video on Vimeo on the next slide. I expect that for videos that are looping at the end you will find the slide duration extended by a fraction of a second. I cannot find a way to reduce the video duration when added to a slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently confirmed this as a bug to me and have said this will be fixed along with other issues to Vimeo (not sure what they are) in the next release.

Let's hope this is soon because at the moment I can't use Vimeo and it would be very handy indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also finding myself here with this issue. I have added a video (vimeo link) into my captivate project. If I watch the slide from the editor view, it shows seamlessly. Once I attempt to preivew or publish, the slide with the video freezes about 2 seconds into the video. I've tried everything I can think of both on the vimeo and captivate sides of things... and nothing is working. Did anyone find a fix for this? I am on a project requriing that I make hundreds of projects just like this one... with a serious deadline. It's already taken me too much time just to get this first one off the ground. 😕 @RodWard maybe you can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is still not fixed with the latest version. Please raise a ticket with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources