Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame gaps between video slides.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

For a project I want to make an interactive branching video in which the video seemlesly goes to the next clip without the noticable gap between the slides. How can I accomplish that? Tanks!

Kind regards,

Pim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having done this myself a couple of times, my suggestions are as follows:

Export the first frame and, optionally, the last frame of each of your videos. In Captivate, you'll want to insert all of your videos as slide videos rather than event videos. Place the image of the first frame on the stage under the video so that as the video is loading it will show the still frame. You'll have to ensure it has the same size and position as the video and you may want to have the image fade away after the video starts (maybe at about one or two seconds on the timeline). The reason I suggest fading it out is because if your published project is set to scale to the browser window, sometimes you can still see the edges  of the image behind the video and having them suddenly disappear is more noticable than having them fade out.

When the video concludes, you can pause the timeline before it ends and fade in your dialogue choice options or, if your video isn't long enough to fade in the options before it ends, place an image of the last frame under the video so that when the video disappears from the timeline it's replaced with the still image. You might consider just adding the last frame to your videos for a second or two so that you can pause the timeline before the video ends in Captivate rather than having to import and configure the extra images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sounds like a nice workaround, thank you for you quick response. Although I wish it was just a button I had to push, i'm still glad there is this solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean an 'interactive' video in the sense it has in Captivate, where you use overlay content and eventually Knowledge Check slides? Or are you just talking about passive video clips? In the last scenario you got a lot of suggestions from @E-Learning Guy if the videos are embedded and you are not using a streaming service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want to make is a video of a group of people sitting and staring at the camera. Every person has a hotspot and when you click on that person he stands up and starts saying something, sits back down and it goes back to the loop.
I know, I can't avoid minor jump cuts going back and forth. But when there is an entire gap frame between every click, it will ruin the effect. Wit the solution of E-learning Guy I hope to fix that issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To @Lilybiri 's point, if you're using a streaming service to host your videos rather than embedding them with the published content like with a SCORM package, then you can use the Interactive Video feature. Here's a link to a video by @Paul Wilson CTDP for further information if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNc9Yhg2CE.

From the description of your issue, as you'd already noticed the gaps between slides, I figured you'd already configured your interaction to navigate to different slides. While at this stage it may be more work to redevelop it using the Interactive Video feature, it may help you next time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is clearly not meant to be an interactive video in the Captivate terminology, just a video to play when using a hotspot.  Here are some links about Interactive video and one link to a real interactive video:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactive-video-navigation-bookmarks

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-interactive-video

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-and-interactive-video-position-properties-panel

This is one of the interactive videos I have online:

Custom Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok! Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I'll dive further into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources