Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Future of Simulations with Adobe Captivate

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe captivate is an authoring tool, 

I'm very sure some of us here are programmers, kindly rate adobe captivate's HTML with the previous systems we used, 

remember we still used Adobe Flash to play those simulations through the browser. I just hope this software is embedded with Adobe Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in the Flash SWF days the output was HTML 4.  Now it's HTML5 and that is all you should be using.  End of story.

There are still some SWF components available in Captivate 2019.  But you should NOT be using any Adobe Flash output or SWF components in your courseware now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there come Operating systems that still use old, native Software. 

Do you think this applies here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem with software simulations which I sometimes see mentioned is with Full Motion Recording slides. They were originally Flash-based but should be converted to MP4 on publishing to HTML5. That is sometimes failing, not sure why or when.

Pesonally when a FMR slide cannot be avoided, I would stop the simulation recording and capture a Video Demo slide which has not only a better editor than FMR slides but also publishes natively to MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you try .MP4, a lot of buffer issues get attached to that same data, it becomes almost impossible to execute a successful mission here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You seem to misunderstand my comment about replacing the Full Motion Recording slides in a software simulation by Video Demo slides. I am not at all talking about publishing a Captivate project to MP4. Please read carefully what has been written. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources