• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Give the user x seconds to click a button before a highlight box appears around that button

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this would be pretty simple but I seem to be at an impasse. I want to give the user a certain amount of time to click a button on a slide, and, after that time has elapsed I want a highlight box to appear around the button to inform the user where to click. I've been playing around with system variables such as cpInfoCurrentTime and cpInfoElapsedTimeMS, but just haven't been able to get this to work, much to my chagrin. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Maybe this blog post can help you? It is not about a highlight box, but about a Hint, should be easy to translate:

Showing Hint with a Delay - Captivate blog

I hope you are not on a very old version of Captivate, and that you have the Delay command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this blog post can help you? It is not about a highlight box, but about a Hint, should be easy to translate:

Showing Hint with a Delay - Captivate blog

I hope you are not on a very old version of Captivate, and that you have the Delay command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that was an annoyingly simple solution that I'm embarrassed to say I didn't think of. I use the Delay command all the time and I've used it for a similar circumstance - what was I thinking? I guess I just wanted to do something cool with advanced actions. Thanks, as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I prefer KISS solutions Totally understand, happens to me as well.  And later on find a much easier solution, mostly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources