• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone used app packager with success?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just a general discussion question.  I gave the app packager a try on one occasion and it seemed to work, but then I couldn't figure out how to get it installed onto my iPad.  I am not that experienced with iPads so forgive me if I am missing something really obvious - but it appeared I would need to get my app into the app store - when it is just a small internal resource that I would like to distribute locally.  So I would like to hear how you approached this - if in fact you did approach this.

Any other general discussion around use of the app packager also welcome.

Cheers,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted it on a webserver, and used the link to try. Seems to work, even inserting an Edge animation.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  I tried putting it in my google drive and was able to download it, but not install it.  But you had luck having it install from a web server?  I will give that a try.

Cheers,

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is truly an APP and not HTML5, then you would need to go through the Apple APP Store in order to get it installed on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have packaged it onto my ipad...quite simple actually and displays well. 

I have not had success when the html5 package is placed in a dreamweaver site and packaged using phonegap in dreamweaver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources