Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Another problem in Captivate!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I dont know if this is a bug in Captivate but I am doing a QUIZ which has nearly 40 slides.

I have enclosed a screen shot. Bascially all I want to do at this point is to make sure all the elements for example

the REVIEW box (which is high-lighted) and the other components like the CLEAR, SKIP and REVIEW buttons etc are a specific size and position on the screens. For this example I selected the REVIEW box, did a right click and adjusted the size and position AND when I tried to "apply to all" and press OK to make this box the same on all the slides I get the ERROR box which I can't understand saying "The name cannot be blank".

As you can understand I want to set the size and position of these elements on ONE screen and then automatically make them the same on all the other slides !

I have done this with a another captivate file with NO problem but this one file I am using I just cannot make it work.

If I cannot make this work then I will have to do this manually with all 40 slides and then do this again with all the other 9 quizzes!

Obviously this would be very time consuming and I have a tight deadline so any solutions would be very appreciated!

Please help!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Screenshot is rather blurry, but it seems to me that the Height is indeed not a number, but contains other characters. That could explain the error warning, you need to type in an number, since you deselected the link icon (which preserves the Width-Heigth ratio).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something wrong with this forum (maybe?). The OP did upload a full resolution graphic.

At least in Firefox, the only way to properly view an attached graphic is to save it first, then view it with an external viewer.

BTW, I wish I knew the answer to this question!

I have the same issue myself. I have tried to change both the size of the buttons/boxes... in the design template. Unfortunately, the only attribute that seems changeable is the font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources