Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Quiz slides

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two queries regarding a quiz.

BACKGROUND: There are nine questions which the user needs to answer correctly to pass. If they answer any incorrectly they will need to retake the quiz. 

1) Firstly how can I set the first 8 slides to just have buttons 'next' and 'back' and the 'submit all' button to be on the final question slide only? At the moment all slides have the three buttons. I cannot delete it from the individual slides and if I attempt to delete it from the master slide I assume it will delete from all 9 slides. See screen grab below.

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 16.46.39.png

2) Secondly when all questions are answered the user receives the screen below. 

• When all are answered correctly I would like there to be no options other than a screen showing 'Congratulations, 100% correct' (or somthing similar). Then the quiz closes down or an exit button perhaps.

• If there are any incorrect answers I would like there to be just a 'retake quiz' button, not a continue. How can I achieve this?

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 16.46.04.png

I have set the reporting to pass 100% so I think this concerns the settings and the UI and any help would be amazing.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

You cannot take out the Submit All button. It is meant not only to offer free navigation throughout the quiz slides without freezing them, but also to allow to transfer all answers to the LMS from any quiz slide. Why did you choose this feature if you only want to allow them to go through the quiz in a linear way? Like the Submit button in the normal situation,  Submit All is linked to the pausing of the quiz slide and to the quiz functionality. It is essential.

On the Score slide the Continue b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

You don't have to delete the Submit All buttons from any slides.  On slides where you do not want Submit All to appear, just move the button off the slide into the scrap area.  

If you only want the Submit All button on the final question slide, just move the Next button into the scrap area so that the only option is either to go Back through the slides (using the Back button) or to Submit All. 

Be aware that clicking the Back button AFTER answering the final quiz question slide will mean th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot take out the Submit All button. It is meant not only to offer free navigation throughout the quiz slides without freezing them, but also to allow to transfer all answers to the LMS from any quiz slide. Why did you choose this feature if you only want to allow them to go through the quiz in a linear way? Like the Submit button in the normal situation,  Submit All is linked to the pausing of the quiz slide and to the quiz functionality. It is essential.

On the Score slide the Continue button is also essential for the pausing and for the functionality of the score slide. Only after clicking that button and reaching the last frame of the slide, the actions specified in Quiz Preferences for Success/Failure will be done. If you want to override those features, create a custom score slide. However both for transferring data to the LMS and for the Retake functionality you'll need the hidden default score slide. 

Check out:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to delete the Submit All buttons from any slides.  On slides where you do not want Submit All to appear, just move the button off the slide into the scrap area.  

If you only want the Submit All button on the final question slide, just move the Next button into the scrap area so that the only option is either to go Back through the slides (using the Back button) or to Submit All. 

Be aware that clicking the Back button AFTER answering the final quiz question slide will mean that your answer on the final question will need to be lost and have to be redone when you reach that slide again.  The answer only 'sticks' after you move beyond the slide or click Submit All.

Lilybiri has already told you how to avoid having the Quiz Results slide show.  But if you were intending to give your user multiple attempts to pass the quiz then you really DO need that Quiz Result slide because that's the only slide where you can have a Retake Quiz button appear.  If you don't want the Quiz Results slide to show all of the statitistical data, you can easily turn those items off in the Quiz Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, it worked. 

Really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources