• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting, LMS and Captivate support.

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building an educational website and want to have a testing component. I need students to be able to take a test online and get a certificate afterwards. I have been working with captivate for the tests. I need technical support for the LMS and captivate tests. Does anyone know of an outfit that provides: hosting, LMS and Captivate support? I want to develop the test and give them to someone else who can place them in a LMS and offer Captivate support. I do not have the time or skill to deal with Captivate/LMS issues.

Thank you

Rich Gilman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rich,

I am disappointed that no one has answered you yet.

Currently, I am attempting to answer this question myself. I have a subscription to Adobe Connect Pro but I am not yet convinced it is capable to providing the services I require to create an educational curricullum for both customers and internal staff training and assessment.

I have attempted calling Connect Pro technical support several times, only to be left with more frustration and doubt. I also requested a consultation three times from the link located here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatconnectpro/

This is the most recent message I sent:

NOTICE: PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!

This is my third request for a consultation. I have never received an email or telephone call. Not very professional!

We currently have a Connect Pro subscription and I am beginning to wonder if it is the right tool for us.

I need a hosted LMS for our Captivate 4 training collateral.

Can Adobe Connect Pro provide the services necessary to allow our customers (and internal staff) to subscribe to various training curriculum, view their progress and test scores, etc.

I am having a great deal of difficulty finding adequate support for Connect Pro. Currently, I have no idea where to place PDF jobaids (linked in my Captivate 4 training). If I upload the contents of my training as a ZIP file, only the SWF file seems to be accessible.

I need expert level assistance with these questions. Is there ANYONE at Adobe who is capable of answering my questions?

I am so frustrated by this Adobe experience! I have already been told by one Adobe "support" person that what I wish to accomplish is not possible and that Adobe Connect Pro is only for conferencing! This is NOT true! PLEASE TRAIN YOUR PEOPLE BETTER!

Your assistance is appreciated,

Another forum to check out is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_captivate/adobe_captivate_elearning?view=discussions

If Adobe Connect Pro is not the correct tool, another option that I am currently investigating is Sumtotal. I often read about other Captivate 4 user that are working with this hosted LMS product. Link: http://www.sumtotalsystems.com/products/learning-management-system.html

Please let me know how you make out. I'll do the same.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rich,

Somehow I suppose that no one answered this question, because you are asking for a service (combining LMS, hosting and CP-support) that is nowhere available. This is a CP-forum, several threads are dealing with combination LMS-CP but there are so many LMS's available. And you will not find a lot of people on this forum, destinate to CP only, who have been trying different LMS-solutions. CP has the possibility to publish SCORM-objects or 'packages' (zipped) which are accepted by all SCORM-compliant LMS. But even then: there is SCORM 1.2, SCORM 20004. In our college we are using a Blackboard based LMS. After some trying out it is not really that hard to publish to the LMS.

As far as Connect Pro is concerned (@Shawn), did you try the forums about Connect Pro? Do you have the Training module? Over here we are using Connect Pro but not as a LMS, only for meetings, with publishing from Presenter and Captivate, but not with assessments since we do not have the Training module. But the forum about Connect Pro is not as active as this forum about Captivate. This is without any doubt due to the great moderator of these CP-forums, Rick Stone (alias Captiv8r/RoboWizard).

So if you have any questions specific for CP, you'll have the chance to get a (quick) answer. People on this forum are CP-users, not Adobe employees and are trying to help other users.

Lilybiri

There

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, ICS Learning Group (http://www.icslearninggroup.com) can surely handle your needs.

LMS: http://www.inquisiqr3.com

Support for the LMS account is available with the license agreement.

They develop a lot of custom eLearning content in Captivate and can either build the lesson for you or offer support on a per-incident cost basis as needed.

drop me a line at 'erik at capemedia dot net' if you'd like a personal overview and introduction (I work with ICS frequently) or contact them directly via their website if you'd prefer.

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting your post.

HTH
Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Erik,

I will send you a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources