• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspots Changing Color After Publish

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the All New Adobe Captivate. My hotspots are gold in the project and in the preview, but when I publish the project, the hotspots are black. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the states?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the states show gold on the standard state. It also shows yellow on the selected state, which does not work either on the published output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you edit the colors in the theme or individually? Are those colors from the theme color palette? Did you also test it after publishing and uploading to a webserver? Which browser is your default browser and used for the Preview?

Are you on the most recent release? You can check the full version number under 'About Captivate' either under the Help (Win) or Captivate (Mac) menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited the colors individually. They are colors where I entered the HEX code. I have tested it after publishing and uploading and it does the same thing. I am using Chrome. I am using the most recent release.

Image 1 shows the color in the project. Image 2 shows the states in the project. Image 3 shows the color after publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, gold becomes black in your published output, and yellow becomes what? Black as well? Are you achieving this gold just with a color setting or are you using seperate images?

Could you please provide screen captures, of your button in preview (where it works fine) and when published. Both the 'gold' and 'yellow' states. And please from the States fly-out menu as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hotspots in Captivate Classic are actually a special kind of object that seem to be based on SVGs.

I usually replace these with animated GIFs because they give more predictable results.

I would suggest you try using a different web browser to see if this changes the appearance when you are viewing the hotspots from a web server. 

If that doesn't change anything, look into animated GIFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RodWard OP is using version 12, not Captivate Classic. I couldn't reproduce the bug, probably some mysterious cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gold becomes black in published output. Yellow becomes gray. I am achieving the color with the color setting.

Image 1 shows the color in the project. Image 2 shows the states in the project. Image 3 shows the color after publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for easier comparison:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a test with the Hotspot widget and simulated the color settings according to your, the OP's, screenshots. Published it and tested in Chrome, Firefox and Safari on MacOS Ventura. I can't reproduce the issue, the colors are fine in preview and when published. The black and grey output of gold and yellow suggests some weird color setting like 8bit/256 colors. Did you try in a different browser as RodWard suggested? Animated Gifs: In Cp 12 one can only replace the default hotspots with SVGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went into the colors and changed it using a HEX color code to the gold color our organization uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with what result? Did you succeed? What is the gold hex code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize. I meant for that to say that is what I did to add the gold color, which is not appearing on publish. The HEX code is #B7985F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just googled this because I have the same behaviour. The hotspots are configued as red, are red in the preview, but when published come out white?? Also using v12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the states? Do they have the correct color? It is the Normal state which is appearing when seeing the hotspots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The states are configured with different colors but they are not applied during publishing. Currently the normal state is red, hover is blue, etc, but they publish as normal: grey and no reaction to the other states, hover and click don’t prompt color changes, all stay grey. The published normal color seems random, like earlier today it was being published as white.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check this locally or after uploading to a webserver or a LMS? Which browser are you using, hope it is not Safari? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it locally and used firefox and chrome on windows. Same behaviour in both browsers. I doubt that the browsers would be why the preview and published behaviours are different. The common difference is the publishing process.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a reason why this is not working as expected. I changed the icon of the hotspot - can it be that this means that some of the behaviour of the hotspot disappeared with the original one as it might see it as an icon not a button? This might explain why the state change colors are not happening on hover, etc? So the full hotspot functionality is lost if you change the icon although changing it is possible in the interface? How do I revert the hotspot to its original form then as that particular icon/ image is not in the assets folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, found the icon in the assets folder, but the (non) behaviour is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at all an expert on this new version, because I cannot use it for my clients. Adobe promised to have experts to answer questions here, but - as expected - that happens only rarely.

I can only tell you that in all previous widgets, you need to keep within the editing possibilities provided by the widget. If you don't have a 'replace' option for those hotspot multistate objects, don't mess with them. It looks to be still the same in this version, based on the experience you describe. However I don't think the widget has really be changed, try to insert it on a new slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I keep hoping for someone to have an answer but thus far there is only this thread with people unfamiliar with the version or the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, I don't have much time to explore this new version because it is still too limited for my clients. I can only suggest to log feature requests and bug reports in the uservoice platform which you can reach from within Captivate (look under the Help menu.  Install all updates as well, present version is 12.3.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources