• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the speed of the transition from slide to slide?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I know how to change the duration of a slide and the transition to the slide. But I cant seem to find how to change the speed of the transition. If I want the fade to my slide to take 2 seconds where do I tweak that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you are aware of the fact that slide transitions will be flagged by the HTML tracker? They may work on desktop/laptops however but no guarantee. 

If you want to time transitions, use the Transitions for objects from the Timing Properties. There you will be able to time fade in and fade out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri. I know where to look to transition objects - what I want to do is determine how long the transition from slide to slide lasts (fade). See my screen show below. For some slides I want the fade from one slide to the next to take 2 seconds - I dont see anywhere to do that.

captivate2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because slide transitions are not supported for HTML output, I would not recommend to use any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom line is that there is no provision in Captivate to control the timing of slide transitions.  You can only control the timing of the objects ON the slides, not the transitions between the slids themselves.  Controlling the fade in or fade out of the objects actually gives you finer control because it means the objects can enter and exit at slightly different timings, not all at the same time as they would if you were using the slide transition.

Feel free to request an enhancement to the way slide transitions work.  It's long overdue and I agree with you that it would be nice to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, Slide transitions are marked by the HTML tracker. I know that may work on laptop/desktop but not on mobile devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's correct.  But the original poster's question was directed at finding how to alter the timing of slide transition.  I didn't think we'd spelled out clearly enough that there was no such option in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that may not have been clarified indeed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard, thank you much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard, one more question that applies to this topic - I have checked the preferences and the object style manager and there doesnt seem to be a setting to "appply to all" if I wanted all of my slides to fade in. I have to change the transition for each of them separately correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have already created the slides and inserted them into a project then the answer is YES you would need to set the fade in transition by going to the Timing tab for each of those slides.

If you select multiple slides in the filmstrip and then set the Transition under the Timing tab, all selected slides will be have that setting.

The styles you set up in the Object Style Manager applies to objects ON the slides, not the slides themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RodWard - just what I needed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources