• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add objects or images over video and how?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I have a video that I would like to add some simple graphics to such as "slides".  I would like to resize the video and slides so throughout the video either the video is large and the slide is small and vice versa.  Also, If I want to keep the audio and have the stage be a large graphic, how do i that within Captivate?

Thanks - noob here and very excited to learn all that Captivate has!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up - If I have an object or image over a video, how do  I keep that image over it for the duration of the video?

and Can I edit the video in real time on Captivate?  Like if I wanted objects or images to be placed at certain time stamps within the video, how do I do that?

Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh - i figured out how to keep the image from another post - 

another question I have is how do I stop the video, add an info slide and then restart the video?

What about adding a quiz in the middle of the video?

What if I wanted to add a second explanatory or directions video within the original timeline.  For example, I noticed I should add some more detailed explanation to a topic.  I'd like to edit in some more video without redoing the whole video.  How would I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has limited video editing functionality, it is much better to use a dedicated application to edit the video.

You can convert any video to an interactive video. Have a look at this example:

Custom Play/Pause button

In such a video you can add overlay Knowledge Check slides, or static overlay slides, which is clearly visible in that example. You need to know that such an interactive video needs to be published to HTML, you cannot publish to MP4 because that is only possible for passive video.

You can find several blogs about interactive video on my personal blog. Here is one link;

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-interactive-video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - i will read into this now.

If part of the video is passive but all i want is to stop it or add a passive overlay, do you still recommend I use interactive video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you need a video editing application like Premiere Pro, not Captivate, to add static overlays.

Captivate is an eLearning authoring tool, not a video too buttons. Each media player or streaming service (like YouTube) offers pausingFor efficient eLearning assets interactivity is primordial. Use the right tool for your goal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I thought i could do some minor edits like cutting the video or adding something simple.  Back to premier it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some simple edits are indeed possible, but if you have access to Premiere Pro I would recommend to prefer it over those editing features in Captivate. You can explore the Video, Edit Timing dialog box in Captivate if wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and thanks for pointing me towards your trainings....very much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources