• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert a cpvc to mp4 in Captivate 9?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cpvc file inside a cptx responsive project but when published the cpvc does not display. I then created a cpvc and imported it into the cptx project. Same problem it will not display when published. I need to be able to convert the cpvc to mp4 but can not determine how to do this in Captivate 9 as there doesn't seem to be a way of controlling the output. Would you kindly explain how I can do this as a matter of urgency.

Thank you.

Amanda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

You can publish a cpvc directly to MP4 from the cpvc-editor. If you insert it as a cpvc-slide in a cptx project, on publishing the project to HTML5, the cpvc-slide will be converted into a video slide as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can publish a cpvc directly to MP4 from the cpvc-editor. If you insert it as a cpvc-slide in a cptx project, on publishing the project to HTML5, the cpvc-slide will be converted into a video slide as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Been a stressful night with such an easy solution. Still a newbie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this blog post, part of a sequence of 5, could be clarifying:

Video Demo Timeline demystified (cpvc-project) - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will certainly study them.

Regards

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a blank project, then Insert>CPVC slide>browsed to CPVC file.  Captivate keeps indicating "not responding" and the loading circle continues to spin.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version do you use? Check under Help, About Captivate for the full version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandral85278396_0-1617110639211.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an old version. Is this a very big cpvc file? If you publish it to mp4 you insert it as video. Do you need to keep the editing possibilities after inserting the sldie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, large file. an hour training video. yes, would like to keep editing possibilities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very big. If you need this to remain editable would recommend to split the cpvc file up in smaller chunks and have them on multiple slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources