• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download Captivate 9?

Participant ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to Captivate 9, which I haven't downloaded yet. I'd like to install and download now, but when I go to the "Downloads for Captivate 9 Subscription Edition (one-year)" page, all I see are Captivate 8 downloads. (I already have Captivate 8 downloaded and installed.) How do I download Captivate 9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Install the trial version of CP9 (can be along your present version CP8). When you log in with your Adobe ID, subscription will be recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the trial version of CP9 (can be along your present version CP8). When you log in with your Adobe ID, subscription will be recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what URL do we find the CP9 download on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the Adobe website, you can also use this one, if you don't want to use the Akamai Download manager:

Adobe Captivate 9 Direct Download Links: Free Trials with no Akamai | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
Does anyone know where I can find the installation files for Captivate 9.0.1.320?
Or the hotfix files for the previous version of 9?

Thanks a million!

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe only supports the two most recent releases now. 

Did you try the ProDesignTools website?

https://prodesigntools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the answer to downloading given as "go to the trial page?

Why is this assumed to be a trial? I do not want nor need to fill in a trial page for a subscription product. I need a download link for install of the product so I can then log in and continue my subscription.

Other products do not function this way - why captivate?

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike many software trial versions which are really sawn-off versions of their full versions, Captivate's install file is a fully functioning version of the same app.  The only real limitation is that the content you create will expire after 30 days.  So when using the Captivate trial version prospective buyers get a pretty good idea of whether the app will suit their needs. 

Once they've gone to all the trouble of downloading and installing it, why should they have to uninstall the trial app and then download and install a completely different version of the same app?  With the way Adobe has set up their trial software, all you need to do is log in with your valid Adobe ID and the app will pick up your subscription license and unlock the app to be the full version for you.  You can do this in a matter of seconds.

I really don't see why you find this so frustrating.  It's actually LESS work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources