• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid captivate to convert ppt slides to swf?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there any way to avoid Captivate to convert ppt slides to swf? I really need to import several ppt presentations.

I found a very stupid way to get around this problem that is adding a smartshape in every slide and merge it with the background. This is no way to work... I know! Help!

Thank you!

Inês Costa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only FMR slides use SWF-based technology but with output to HTML5 those slides will be converted to MP4. It is not always working well. I recommend, when such a Full Motion Recording slide cannot be avoided (most can using an alternative) to stop the recording and insert a Video Demo slide recording. Those slides are natively exporting to MP4 and moreover have a better quality and editing possibilities. That for a software simulation.

In your case for PPT imported slides, even though they 'look' as if SWF technology is used, HTML output will be OK because that is fixed on publishing. However PPT is meant for presentations, not for eLearning. It would be much better to unzip the PPT, import all the assets to a Project Library in a new CP project and start from scratch, using PPT as sort of an initial storyboard. You will quickly find better ways to improve learning and not be restricted to the movie slides which are created when importing PPT where none of the individual objects can be controlled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I dont't understand... my ppt are very simple; they don't have any animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from a PPT is never a good idea to get a real engaging eLearning course, but that is off topic

Did you ever try to publish? There shouldn't be a problem for HTML output in that case. It may look to be based on SWF-technology but will publish all right. Be sure not to do dual publishing (to SWF and HTML)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing only in HTML5 and put it in an LMS. I've tried with different types of presentation and all of them are transform into swf. 

I know (and I agree) that a ppt is "never a good idea to get real engaging eLearning course" but the reason is: time. And I don't see any alternative to this. This are small monthly courses to be available to a large number of trainees. Ppts are created by expert trainers that don't have Captivate.

All of our other courses are made entirely in Captivate, with interactivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to believe you, but just to be sure, can you show the Publishing dialog for your course?

Maybe something is wrong with the LMS? Did you try in SCORM Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InesCosta_0-1604486122962.png

I've already talked with the LMS manager and everything seems to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try in SCORM Cloud? Is the server of the LMS supporting JSON?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our LMS supports JSON.

I can't try SCORM Cloud because everytime I try an error message appears: "please check the internet connection".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources