• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display next button when audio’s are complete

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) In slide 01, there is a slide audio and on the same slide 01 there are also 8 clickable buttons and all the 8 buttons have there individual audio's.
2) While the slide audio is playing, if I click any 1 button out of the 8 buttons the audio from the button 1 will play and should stop the slide01 audio.

3) So in that 8 buttons when I click each button and when all the audio's from the 8 buttons are done listening/completed then next button should appear. After all 8 button audio's are done the next button should appear.

How to write a advanced action for this kind of scenario?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop or Pause the slide audio? Could you post a screenshot of the timeline? I need to see the timing of the pausing points of the buttons.  Stopping the slide audio when a button  is clicked is available in the Properties panel of the button.

How do you trigger the audio? You talk about Object audio, but I suspect that you are using the Play Audio command for the buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_01.jpg

Screenshot_02.jpg

1) Stopping the slide audio when the Buttons are clicked. Yes i saw that stop audio option in the properties panel

2) I have used the play audio command inside the button so that when some one clicks the button he can hear the audio.

See adavanced action screenshot below:

1) While the audio on the slide01 is playing and that time when i click any button out of 8 buttons the slide 01 audio stops.

2) Without completing the button01 audio if i keep on clicking on the others buttons mutiple times whithout the audio being finished the continue button appears.

1) 

Screenshot_03.jpg

2) 

Screenshot_04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no pausing point on any button? That means that if the learner is not clicking any button, and the end of the slide is reached, that the playhead will move automatically to the next slide. That is a dangerous situation. Even your Next button, which is invisible has no pausing point, that makes no sense. Why did you take out all the pausing points? Put them back, but all at the same time, somewhere after the staggered buttons have all appeared.

This is a fluid boxes project, sure that the fluid boxes have been set up correctly?

I suppose 'Selected' is a custom not an InBuilt state? Since you never change back to the Normal state, why not create the InBuilt state 'Visited'? That will appear automatically when the button is clicked and you can get rid of the Change State command.

As for the actions, with that amount of buttons I would plead for Three instead of Two decisions:

Decision 'Always'     not conditional

Increment v_one by 1

Play Audio1

Decision 'Counting'     conditional

IF v_one is equal to 1

Increment v_counter by 1

Decision 'ShowNext'    conditional

IF v_counter is equal to 8

Delay Next actions by x seconds                     x being average duration of the audio clips

Show Bt_Next

I added the extra variable v_counter. This action can be a shared action with 3 parameters. I marked the parameters in Bold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have added the pausing points and trigger work is in IP. Is this the correct way?

SantosALeo_1-1666942045804.pngSantosALeo_2-1666942103079.pngSantosALeo_3-1666942119861.png

SantosALeo_4-1666942164554.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOPS! You cannot use the SAME name for a variable and for an action. Change at least one character to a capital instead of lower case. Captivate is very strict about unique labeling!

I don't know what you mean by 'trigger work is in IP'?

You need to convert this advanced action to a shared action and define the three parameters.

Apply that shared action to each of the 8 buttons and for each instance define the appropriate three parameters:

v_one    needs to be replaced by another variable

audio01  needs to be replaced by another audio clip

s_...Next   is always the same but you need to enter it because it is a compulsory parameter.

I don't know if the length of the audio clips are very different. If yes, you could define the literal '14' as another parameter, and enter the correct length for each audio clip. If they are not that different, please spare you that extra work, having the Next button appear 1 or 2 seconds later or earlier will not bother the learner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

IP means In Progress. I have achieved the expected output. 

But still, have a doubt.

When I continuosly click the 2 buttons one after another while the audio clips are playing on each buttons the next button doesn't appears which is right. But when i decide to hear the full audio of button 01 by clicking on it without the audio being fully completed the next button appears.  

For your clear understanding i have uploaded a sample Output video with above mentioned issue on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to have the audio clips to be completed for all buttons, you could disable all buttons with the action for the duration of the audio clip, than re-enable them. It makes the action a lot more complicated and shared actions are not interesting anymore, since you cannot disable a group of button in one command. What is possible is to group the buttons, and hide all of them for the duration of the audio clip, then show them again. Since you can show/hide a group, that would make the action shorter and you could still use shared actions, with the group buttons as extra parameter.

The problem you have at this moment is due to the fact the the Delay action will continue to 'count', whatever happens on the slide. 

Another approach would be to add more variables to track if a clip has been played completely and increment the counter based on two conditions: value of the present variable and value of the Boolean. That gets more complicated as well. But you hear, all is possible... I have to leave now for a meeting. In your case I would use the grouping with Hide/Show. If I think of an easier way, will let you know later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mam! 

Will try as u suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam is there any solution for this next button issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did offer some suggestions, did you try them out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam, the project which I am working on is a responsive project so here I am not able to group them. I have already tried your suggestion on grouping the buttons in static projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you need to abandon the idea of a shared action and use duplicate advanced actions where you mention each item separately instead of addressing the group. Do you really need fluid boxes? Breakpoint views or scalable non-responsive projects are an alternative. I don't know what you mean by 'static' projects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Static project means non-responsive project. Responsive project is a official project in which I am working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources