• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show video progress

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video in my captivate project and I want to learner to be able to see how much time is remaining in the video when they are taking the course. I put the video in as an event video and it has a progress bar at the bottom but does not tell the actual time remaining. Is this possible to give an actual amount if time left? If so, how do you do this?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Event video plays completely independent from Captivate's timeline. That means there is no way to use Captivate functionality to add features to the individual control panel. For slide video more is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late response, but notifications have disappeared and I am relying on them.

Thanks Lilybri so if I do it as a slide video instead is there a way to make it so the learner could see the time remaining in a video. I tried it both ways and could not figure it out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple solution would be to use the Timer interaction, set its maximum time to the duration of the video. Captivate has some system variables which can be used. Maybe have a look at http://blog.lilybiri.com/display-time-cp2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Lilybiri I will try this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources