• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop an embedded youtube video

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a button to show/hide a webobject, which is a youtube video. The hide command does not stop the video audio, causing the video to disappear (which is ok) but the audio continues forever..
I am using the webobject insert feature, not the youtube learning interaction plugin.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't worked with Youtube but posted something about Vimeo. I'm sure Youtube has a similar function. 

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/12/end-of-video-events-with-vimeo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy, the Javascript method works fine. The issue I have is with productivity. I just want to stop a youtube video - don't need it to do automatically, or show a message when it finishes...that's something that should be a lot simpler. It behaves like a bug: you program the object to hide, it hides, but the sound continues in the background...very annoying.

My workaround has been to insert a new slide, with the video object in it, which will open when user clicks on the original play button. The closing button just takes user to previous slide. It works fine. But still, lots of workarounds here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound like a lot of workarounds.  I think the hide function wouldn't stop the video.  You probably need to clear the webobject completely to stop the audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

good idea, that would be the solution so stop video and audio. But how? Do you have an approach, how to achieve that? Advanced Actions? Javascript?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooops, didn't realize that this was a communication from Jan 2018. Not the first time that I wanted an answer from Jeremy Shimmerman, but he vanished from this community in Nov 2018. Forget it please.

Klaus   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Julio.  Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm looking to do the same thing.  I'd like the youtube video to pause when the video beomces hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julio. I'm having the same problem - did you ever find a 'quick fix'? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources