Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to use playbar widget

Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are import the swf file (designed from flash) in adobe captivate. so we have to control the play pause of the movie how to control the movie.

Also it will not properly loaded from first frame how to solve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is this a customized widget or the widget that comes with Captivate you are talking about?

It also helps if you tell which version of Cp you are using?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are using captivate v.5. how to use the default playbar widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are different playbar widgets. Most of them can be customized by checking the buttons you want to choose or to hide. You can do this when inserting the widget, because the dialog box pops up. If you want to change later on, select the widget on the stage and in the Properties panel click on Widget Properties. The dialog box that pops up for the widget Playbar.swf can be seen on this screenshot. If you activate the Play Button, once the movie is playing this buttons will change automatically in a Pause button:

WidgetPlaybar.jpg

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to pause the movie till is running. we must give a link to playbar and swf movies right?

how to i have to give the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I really do not understand what you are trying to explain about a link? You insert the widget in the Captivate project, decide which buttons to show, time it to display for rest of the project and that is it. How did you check the result? Try to preview the project (F4 or F12) and you will see the functionalities of the playbar as it will be there after publishing.

Sorry if I do not understand your question at all, just tried to help,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.

Actualy we import the swf animation(which was made from flash) in captivate project. and try to control playbar widget in your way.  but it is not  controled. if we click the stop button in playbar it is not controled the swf animation. continuely running.

Please can you give me any online sample?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You do have to insert a widget with the option Insert, Widget, not as a simple animation. Did you insert it as a widget?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already insert the widget only insert-Widget comment.

But the playbar controlled only the captivate project. not the imported Animation(swf)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a totally different question: indeed the playbar widget will only control the Captivate published file, not inserted animations, but I couldn't understand this from your original question. Sorry for this misunderstanding. I tried this out with a simple Classic tween animation created in Flash and both the pause buttons of default playbars or from the playbar widget were fully functional for this animation. I cannot help you, since I cannot repro your issue. But please, try to be a little bit more precise when asking questions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think what they are trying to say is similar to the problem I am having. I have inserted a SWF file by going to insert>animation.. What I am trying to do is have the playbar in the SWF file appear so that there would be a total of two playbars... one with the SWF file animation, and the other that controls the entire captivate file.

Unfortunately Captivate does not give the "FULL SCREEN" option, so ultimately I have created a SWF file that has the FULL SCREEN MODE option. I am trying to get this playbar to appear

Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this problem or if I need to further elaborate on my issue.

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you post this same question in 3 threads?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that it can be easily found and answered, do you have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First thing when arriving in a community is to read about the etiquette, which you obviously did not do. We are all users, offering some free time to help others out, please show some respect. And one basic rule is never to post duplicate, or in your case 'tri'plicate questions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the second playbar to appear but the "FULL SCREEN" mode still doesn't work, any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri!

In know this is old, but this answer intrigues me. I have a situation in which I've been asked if I can easily convert courses from an Old Publishing Tool Output (Rapid Intake, ProForm - Sold, and no longer supported) to Captivate (Latest Version). (Ultimate Publish will NOT be HTML, but SWF)

The request entails, just taking the SWFS from the old course (AS2), and simply inserting them into Captivate (Media, Animation, Select SWF, Acknowledge AS2 Problem, and Viola!). (Important Note:  Once the SWF is inserted, Captivate DOES indeed read the Time/Length of the SWF and Makes the Timeline That long.  So...It IS reading something!!)

Here's the Problem.  I'm using a Built In Captivate Playbar.  I need the Pause Play Button to Pause and Play the SWF.  Well....It does!!  Uh...sometimes.  It works...then it doesn't work.  This intermittent functionality, behaves inconsistently in Preview, Chrome, IE, Edge). I've also changed variables like Play till End of Slide and Specific Time.

My thought is, because it CAN read the Time/Length of the SWF, it CAN Communicate with the file, AND it seems like this should work...because it does!...sometimes.  I've also tried republishing the SWF as AS3...Still Intermittent Success with Play Pause.

Trying to Avoid republishing Hundreds of SWFs.  Just want to dump it in and go!.  Thoughts?

I know this was a long post...Thanks in advance for reading!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, you ad this to a very old thread.

You will republish to SWF? No kidding? That means that soon only users with old versions of browsers will be able to see the courses. ELO of Flash player is announced for 2019, but many browsers already don't install the plugin anymore by default.

It is your choice of course, but why rework something that will need rework again in a couple of months. AS2 is not supported anymore since CP5, which was almost 10 years ago.

Sorry, cannot help you with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS2 and AS3 can often conflict with each other.  Your proposed solution sounds like a potential disaster to me, even aside from the fact that you are talking about putting customer budget into building a solution that could stop working suddenly at any moment now due to the browsers finally disallowing any Flash content.

I'm with Lilybiri on this one.  I would be telling the customer it's time to start thinking about a total rebuild in HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these purely linear SWFs or is there interactivity within them?

If purely linear, just record each one with something like CP, Camtasia, or the like with the end products being MP4s.

If there is interactivity within then, yeah...that's a tough situation given the current (and dying future) of Flash support.

Along with others, you should approach that with your customer - let them know that just repurposing the current SWFs is an extremely short-term 'solution'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses.

Budget? Try not to make too many assumptions based on my question. The client is very large and has a vast array of disparate learning pockets. (Main Corporate Library, Several offshoot departmental courses, many LMS's (Yuck!)  OF COURSE, as an ongoing project (with the divisions I work with), we are gradually converting their old Flash Courses to HTML and have been doing so for coming up on 2 years!

As Erik deduced, this is indeed a short term solution I was asked to investigate for a group wanting to take the small step toward at least unifying some of their courses in Captivate (and frameset design improvement, etc.) They currently do not have the budget for us to repurpose all these FLAs into HTML (Not to mention a propriety LMS they are using.) They, too, are fully aware of the Flash "problem".

I am simply trying to test out this particular possibility per their request. With all that said... Why the Playbar Play/Pause button only intermittently works at Pausing and Playing Inserted SWFs is still not entirely clear to me, yet.  Most of the Posts in these forums over the many years do not provide a clear answer or solution. (thus, partly why I'm searching around these old Haunts.).  It may be out there, but I haven't come up with the right Search term....Or....there is no solution.

Again, I value your time, and thank you for you input!

Sincerely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't used Flash in a long time...

You could try...importing the SWF into a new Flash project.

Setup a playbar for that SWF within that same project.

Publish - being sure the 'loader' playbar swf is in the same directory as the original...

Does that work? The playbar 'loader' swf controlling the original?

If so, then import that loader SWF into the CP project, be sure to keep the paths/relationship the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources