• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How/Where to change the SCO Launch Type

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our LMS provider (Cornerstone) is stating that we need to change the SCO Launch Type of our SCORM modules to new window instead of frameset to resolve issues we are experiencing, I cannot find any setting anywhere that allows me to change this. I also started opening published course files in notepad to see if I could identify the code that needs to be changed. I cannot figure that out either.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have never seen any evidence that that launch of the SCO is controlled by the SCO itself.  In every instance where I have been involved with using an LMS (over more than 15 years) it has always been the LMS that controlled whether the SCO was launched in a frameset within the LMS SCORM Player, or in a new window.  This aspect of the course behaviour is usually configured in the area of the LMS when the course is set up by the LMS Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Rod, but I'm also curious why Cornerstone would even ask that...

so i searched and there is apparently a 'launch type' parameter associated with SCORM in some way.

I think this is SCORM Cloud/engine specific, but I'm not sure. i've not see it in the imsmanifest for a typical SCORM course and, again, I agree with Rod that this is more likely an LMS setting (though if so, Cornerstone should know that).

Here are a couple links to review, maybe they'll give a clue? (search for 'launch' and/or 'launch type' in the bodies)

https://support.scorm.com/hc/en-us/articles/206163576-Changing-Course-Properties-

https://support.scorm.com/hc/en-us/articles/206168636-Mobile-Launches-and-forceFrameset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where you configure it in SCORM Cloud.

SCORMCLOUD.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe Cornerstone is one of the LMS vendors who now uses Rustici's SCORM Engine...though if true, still would seem to be something settable in the LMS itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources