• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image buttons are blurry in a project I've linked to via Web Page hypertext

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've linked a project to a much smaller project. When I run the smaller project (just 5-6 slides) as a standalone in HTML5, everything looks fine, but when I link to it via a hypertext link in the main project it's much less crisp, especially my image buttons. It's still usable but it looks kind of crappy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rescale the project. BLurriness is usually due t orescaling. Moeover image buttons are a very old technology, don't use them anymore since CP6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No rescaling. What do you use instead of image buttons? I like the fact that that they provide the three states (normal, rollover, down) that allow me to simulate an application's button behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All button types have Rollover and Down states. Since CP2017 they also have Visited states.

Both Transparent and Shape buttons (shapes used as buttons) have to possibllity to fill each state with an image. That can be done within Captivate, no need to create the three images in a graphics program as for Image buttons. Moreover both Transparent and Shape buttons can have text as well as image in the button, for image buttons you need to have the text in the image which is not very good for quality text.

I largely prefer Shape buttons, because I don't have to move the mouse to the Properties panel to insert the lablel, can just double-click on the shape. Moreover Shape buttons can be used where other buttons are prohibited: master slides, question slides, score slide, and even timed for the rest of the project. I never understand why people keep with the old legary cuttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources