• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in Captivate 12.2

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, usually an Articulate user and I'm having some real issues with Captivate 12.2 in combination with poor documentation from Adobe.

Question - do 12.2 users have any control over slide layout, or are we beholden to Adobes design options? As in, do we have design freedom to place items such as text boxes, images etc, or are we bizarely restriced to the design option presets?

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you do NOT have control over slide layout in Captivate 12, and you are restricted to the design option presets.  We all think it is bizarre as well.

Longtime Captivate users are crying into our beers at the moment. By contrast, Articulate must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RIP my soul 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All is linked with the obsession that all projects  need to be responsive although only a minority of my clients ever asked for that type of projects, and even don't allow it in their company for security reasons. Moreover it should be 'easy' for new users (comparable to Rise) but I doubt that goal is reached.

Like Rod I have been very frustrated by the new version, based on losing so many features. As usual the Help documentation is 'frugal' and I logged several bugs in the text. Moreover there is not many other support available (blogs, videos, tutorials) by experts. A building which was created over two decades has just been erased completely: different terminology, UI (although the mother of that UI (which was XD) has now been abandoned). If this was a minor version of Captivate, and the professional version was really being supported further (like StoryLine and Rise) it would be less of a disaster. I started comparing Classic Captivate workflows with the New ones. It is hard for get them in the eLearning community, because I am always honest. 

https://blog.lilybiri.com/bookmarking-in-captivate-classic-and-new-introduction

https://blog.lilybiri.com/static-bookmarks-in-new-captivate

ASAP I'll publish the same result in Captivate Classic... FYI this is supposed to be one of the few innovations except for the canned templates and blocks.  Probably the term ' bookmark' has gotten another meaning in the new version. It does better than Classic to use it as trigger for an event action, but as bookmark it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources