• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMS Manifest file. What is it?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LMS manager is requiring an imsmanifest file.  Where is this?  I looked but can't find it.  It is required for a PeopleSoft LMS.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The imsmanifest is an xml file which will be inside the zip file if you publish your content as zip. Otherwise it'll be there in the published directory.

Definitely, you should have Reporting enabled(Edit->Preferences->Reporting) to get Captivate publish the imsmanifest.xml file. And i think you want a SCORM content, so select SCORM(1.2 or 2004) as LMS type in Reporting preferences.

Hope that solves your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also likely need to have at least one interaction 'scored' in order for an imsmanifest file to be generated.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik,

Thanks. So, if I do not use a question section, then the IMS is not generated?

Larry

443-738-7407

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note so much the 'question section'. Scored interactions don't (or shouldn't) HAVE to be Quiz Slides. Any clickbox or such thing has a property you can set to score it. As long as something is 'scored', CP should see that as needing to be reported, which seems to kick-off its need to publish the manifest.

You can quickly check via Project > Advanced Interactions to see what qualifies as an 'interaction' in your project and what is, is not, or can be scored...

HTH

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources