Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Captivate 2019, the CPVC slide in my project does not publish to computer

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the following:

Create a video demo (cpvc), saved and closed it.

Created a slide show (cptx) and used the Insert -> CPVC Slide command to insert the saved video demo.

Saved the cptx with inserted video.

THEN:

Preview --> Project works perfectly.

Publish --> Publish to Computer --> Publish as: HTML5/SWF works perfectly.

BUT:

Publish --> Publish to Computer --> Publish as: Video  -  creates an MP4 file that plays the first slide from my CPTX just fine but when it gets to my video demo, it shows the first frame then the video is totally white and silent for the entire length of the video slide. The final (non-video) slide plays fine.

Nothing in my project is interactive. The first slide has audio and an animation that work fine. With the cpvc file,  "Publish --> Publish to Computer --> Publish as: Video  - creates a perfect mp4 of my video.

I have been digging in the discussions and trying this operation over and over with different settings for two days. I can't figure out what's going wrong.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm in the 2019 release, vers. 11.8.0.586

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already tricky to publish a cptx file with included MP4 files to another MP4 but you want even more and sorry but I am not at all astonished that this is not functioning. Did you try to publish the cpvc-file to a MP4 and insert it before publishing? You still may have problems, because of different settings for the final video and the inserted videos. But expecting to have this work with a cpvc-slide seems to be a bridge too far. 

When you say 'Prevew', which preview method did you use? If this is a non-responsive project, which I presume is the case since you cannot have slide video (necessary with a cpvc file) in a Fluid Box, the only valid Preview is Preview HTML in Browser (F11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. 

I have just attempted to convert the CPVC to MP4 and insert before publishing. Although I set the slide with video thus: Properties - Actions - On Enter: Show , a preview of the project results in the video itself behaving as a separate entity; a playbar for the video itself appears and requires interaction to play it. Not useful since my target end result is an MP4.

In my original methodology of inserting a CPVC in a CPTX, all preview options work as desired.

I (apparently incorrectly) expected the Preview --> Project to produce a result indicative of how the final MP4 would behave.

I find myself surprised and disappointed that the two native file types do not play well together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Preview HTML in Browser? Preview Project uses a temporary SWF output.

You need to insert the video as Slide Video, not as Event Video. I mentioned that, but probably was not clear enough. Event video is not synchronising with Captivate's Timeline which is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I used "Preview --> HTML5 In Browser"  Both Preview and Publish this way work fine. However, this command does not generate the MP4 output I need.

I tried again, with

"Video --> Insert Video... Slide Video, From my computer"

but the "Loading Video" progress bar never advances beyond 50%.  If I cancel out of that progress bar/dialog box, I am able to "Preview--> HTML5 in Browser" just fine.

If I "Publish --> To My Computer --> Publish as... Video" - although the program tells me the file generated successfully, when played, it hangs at the video portion. The opening slide works fine but for the video part, all I get is a black screen with a spinner as if it's loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talked with helpdesk last week and send them my problem files. Is a bug in the latest release while 11.5.5 worked fine. No reaction from them yet what the solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. 

That is consistent with my experience; my colleague is running 2019 Release vers. 11.5.5.553 and the very same files combined in the very same way produce precisely the result I want.

I hope this bug is fixed soon for both of our sakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources