• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Fonts Showing in Published SCORM

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am noticing publishing errors with regards to fonts in the new Adobe Captivate. I have a project which contains only Roboto font, however when I publish and learners view the course they often see Times New Roman. This also throws the alignment out for many things within the course.

Through testing, I have found that this effects Mac users, and Firefox browsers only. 

Before it is suggested, of course I have gone through and checked that fonts. The course displays correct for Windows users.

Is this a known error? 

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult since I don't know which exact version you are using: is it the new version 12.2 or an older version? It is also important to know if this is a responsive project (only possibility in 12.2) or a non-responsive project.

Your reference to seeing Times New Roman seems to point to al older version. I will post a link for older versions about font use. If learners only see Times New Roman appearing, that may be the case for dynamic text, like on the score slide: dynamic text includes variables, which means they need to be rendered on runtime, while in non-responsive projects static text (no variables) is converted to images and may contain all type of fonts.

Here is the link where you find more details::

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I am on 12.2 version. 

Thanks for sharing the link, however it seems to refer to Captivate 2019 so I am not seeing the same options that are shown in the screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad. I have spent thousands of hours trying to supplement the Captivate Help documentation with more in-depth exploration and use cases, workflows. You cannot expect me to repeat that for this 'poor' new version which causes me in 2 months more crashes and lost projects than in 20 years with the previous versions.

I just know that some of the quirks from previous versions still need to be used. But as I explained in the blog post, static and dynamic text do not exist in responsive projects since all text needs to be rendered on runtime due to the fact that the available browser resolution on the device needs to be known before rendering fonts. All text is dynamic in this case.

The fix is to limit font use to websafe fonts. Even if you use Google fonts, I already did see (and experienced) lot of problems with the chosen font not appearing. Why the link with Adobe fonts (were better to be trusted) has been broken is a mystery to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try another Google font. Other than Roboto which is in my Cp 12.2 on MacOS Ventura not included in the 70 Google Fonts list. Try i.e. Source Sans 3 or PT Sans. Or there are a few more Sans Serif fonts listed in the Google Fonts List in Cp 12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources