• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indication of status in screen readers captivate 2019

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've got a problem with the accessibility of my project. When clicking on my smartform used as a button it changes status indicating that it has been clicked. Is there a way to tell screen readers too, that status has changed (by changing ARIA description or something like that).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

I suppose the last state (Erledigt) is a custom state, because you didn't like the InBuilt Visited state and want to have the custom state appear later. It would replace the Normal state in that case. Will that button still be kept 'active', can it still be clicked?  If you disable the button, you could keep a transparent state and add the command 'Show' to show an image mimicking the Done state. Such an image can have a tag to be read by the screen reader.

Please, next time do never attach scre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting quesstion. How did you mark the shape button as being clicked? Do you use the InBuilt Visited state or did you create a custom state which you apply using an action? Was that state just a change in style or did you add an object like a checkmark (I wonder if that could be a possibility to add a tag to the new object?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

It's a smartform with an image. It has the three default states with different images and a user defined state wich is is set (unset) by an action when the smartform is clicked (no checkmarks, no style changes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not sure: in English 'smartform' doesn't exist. You have either a shape button filled with different images in the InBuilt states, or it can be an image used as button, which is replace in the other InBuilt states. Or it could be a transparent shape to which you add images in the states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri and thanks for your patience.

It's a shape button filled with different images for the InBuilt states and an additional user state (I've got the german version of Captivate and didn't know the correct name of the object).

I hope the problem has become clear now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can write in German, and/or post screenshots. I understand German, but my problem is that I don't have any idea about the Captivate terminology (nor the one in other languages like French) in your language. Screenshots often make it easier. What you call a 'user state' is a 'custom state' in English. 

I am very busy at this moment, it needs some exploration. I wonder if an added image (instead of filling a shape) can have a tag which could be read by a screen reader? I have a couple of blogs about states.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar

http://blog.lilybiri.com/click-slash-reveal-interactions-back-to-basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Frau Lilybiry!

Das macht die Sache ja um einiges leichter. Es handelt sich tatsächlich um eine ähnliche Problemstellung wie er in ihrem ersten Blog http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar beschrieben wird. Ich versuch das Problem einmal anhand einer einfachen Folie zu erklären. Dort wird eine Schaltfläche 'OK' angezeigt und wenn man draufklickt oder die Schaltfläche mit der Tabulatortaste fokussiert und die Leertaste drückt, wird auf der Schaltfläche 'Erledigt' angezeigt. Ich kann auch in den verschiedenen Status eine andere Beschreibung der Schalftläche hinterlegen. Allerdings wird von dem Windwos 10 - Screenreader die Schaltfläche immer nur als 'OK' vorgelesen. Gibt es eine da eine andere Möglichkeite diesen Text für die Barrierefreiheit zu setzen oder ...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative to a multistate object would be to use a Show/hide workflow.  Sorry, will not write in German, because there would be too much 'Fehler'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the last state (Erledigt) is a custom state, because you didn't like the InBuilt Visited state and want to have the custom state appear later. It would replace the Normal state in that case. Will that button still be kept 'active', can it still be clicked?  If you disable the button, you could keep a transparent state and add the command 'Show' to show an image mimicking the Done state. Such an image can have a tag to be read by the screen reader.

Please, next time do never attach screenshots but insert them! I rarely dare to download attachments for security and time reasons. I have to download, open them in a graphics application (PNG is linked to PS in my case), view them, then delete them again from my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo!

Jetzt hab' ich es verstanden. Ich muss eine 'Erledigt'-Schaltfläche auf der gleichen Position einfügen und beim Klick auf 'OK' die OK-Schaltfläche ausblenden und deaktivieren und die andere Erledigt-Schalfläche einblenden und aktivieren! Diese andere Schalftfläche hat dann die entsprechende Beschreibung für die Barrierefreiheit!

Danke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So glad we could figure it out. Not easy with the language problems. 

If it is solved, could you mark the best answer(s) to give a clue to other users with the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources