Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert > New Slide From

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I get this problem: the menu "Insert > New Slide From" only shows few options (Title and Blank only).

Any idea of what's happening?Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Some themes only have the most basic of slides at your disposal. The blank theme has a title master slide and a blank master slide. Those will be the only options. There are quiz question slides but you would add those through the quiz menu. 

Try this. Change your theme to any one of the other themes first. Then follow the same procedures you used. I think you will see that more options are now available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which theme are you using? This could be a corruption of Captivate (Clean Preferences could help) or a corruption of a theme. Let me know if you are using a custom theme or one of the themes packaged with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using any theme in this project. How can I clean the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ALWAYS use a theme, sorry. Master slides are part of that theme, and the problem is there since you see only 2 master slides. Since you see the Title, it cannot be the Blank theme (which has only a Blank master slide).

Look in the Master slide panel: how many master slides do you have,  excluding the 5 quizzing master slides?

You can check the theme used with the big Themes button.

To clean Preferences you need administrator rights. Look in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the 'CleanPreferences....' file appropriate for your OS, while Captivate is closed. If the origin of your problems is due to corruption of the theme, need to have an answer on my previous question: which theme???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK sorry, I'm pretty new...

If I click the "Theme Button" I can see 8 different themes. "Blanck" is selected.
If I click "insert" menu an then "New Slide From" I can see only "Blank" and "Title".

Hope it's the information you need!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some themes only have the most basic of slides at your disposal. The blank theme has a title master slide and a blank master slide. Those will be the only options. There are quiz question slides but you would add those through the quiz menu. 

Try this. Change your theme to any one of the other themes first. Then follow the same procedures you used. I think you will see that more options are now available. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys... now it works well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote already in my first answer that the Blank theme has no content

master slides. That you have a Title master slide is due to having worked

first in another theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to avoid this problem without changing themes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Set one of the other Themes as your Default theme so that new project files will be using that Theme to begin with.

You can also create a new custom theme from scratch by just adding more Master Slides to one of the existing Themes (e.g. Blank) and make their layouts look the way you want.  Then ideally you should save all these changes as a new Theme so that you can use it again later in any other project that needs this specific look and feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default the Blank theme is never set as a default theme, it is something that has been changed by you or somone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources