Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation conflict

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

When trying to install the trial for Adobe Captivate I am getting an error popup saying that I have to close AggregatorHost.exe. I do not know what that is. I am not turning it on in any way and I do not know how to turn it off even if I could. 

The error code is 131.

Please help, I am into E-Learning for 5+ years and I would like to try out this software. 
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a Windows background process of some kind--perhaps for Windows Defender. I don't expect it would be particularly problematic to use the Task Manager in order to end the process and see if that allows the install to continue, but I make no guarantees. If you want to end the process with the task manager, you can perform the following steps:

1. If you're running Windows 10, right click on an empty part of the taskbar and select Task Manager from the menu that appears.
  2. If you're not seeing several tabs at the top of the window, click the More Details at the bottom of the window to view all of the tabs.
  3. In the Process tab, click the top of the Name column to sort the processes by name.
  4. Locate AggregatorHost.exe, right click on it and, from the menu that appears, select End Task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I sovled it. Went into task manager in details, found it there and killed it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted. I'm not remembering if Captivate requires you to reboot after the install, but if you haven't already, then I'd suggest you do so if only to restart AggregatorHost.exe—just in case it's actually doing something important behind the scenes (e.g., related to antivirus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources