• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Captivate Dead?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the latest information avaiable on the future of Adobe Captivate? (Project Charm?). If there is no upgrade path, is it still eithcal to author in Captivate for new projects for future clients?  Do I need to purchase a dedicated computer for Captivate considering I'm on an M1 Mac?

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a staff member can answer your first question, I am just a user.

You don't need a dedicated computer for Captivate, the M1 chip is supported in the 11.8 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fall, the Adobe Learning Summit in Las Vegas has a session titled Project Charm Test Kitchen, where users will get some hands-on experience with the new software. This version is completely redesigning Adobe Captivate from the foundation, so you can expect this to take some time. I think we can expect to see a release sometime in 2023, but maybe sooner. To be clear, I don't work for Adobe, so anything I say is purely speculation.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Thanks, Paul, for always staying updated on Captivate developments and for your kindness to share knowledge and experience with us. I spend so much time on your Captivate Teacher Channel. BTW, I learned Captivate on my job. I didn't have to prepare in advance. I am now one of the greatest Captivate users in my country, courtesy of Paul.

I can't wait to have a better experience with Captivate.

2023 isn't very far.

Patiently waiting!

Joel

Joel Odota,
E-learning Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly dont know why people keep using this product. It's 10x faster to create learning in Articulate storyline with 10 less hassels. Adobe had always tried to do releases for captivate but never figured out its core problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the thing.  I've used both products and I always end up preferring Captivate.  I don't find it quicker to use Storyline and I don't see all the hassles you seem to have.

You are welcome to have a different opinion, but venting complaints on this user forum is not really benefitting anyone.  Adobe isn't going to listen to you unless you logg improvement or enhancement requests through the proper channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources