• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add text to speech (TTS) for individual slidelets or other 'pop-up' objects?

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

This question is somewhat related to this question: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525525?tstart=0

So, now I have a slide with multiple 'pop-up' slidelets. I eventually plan to add human speech to each of these slidelets (under text caption Audio tab) but for now (and for demonstration purposes) I would like to utilize the text to speech (TTS) option.

The only type of TTS option that seems to be allowed is at the slide level but not inside a text caption... this seems bizarre.

Speaking of bizarre, the Speech and Audio management feature seem equally bizarre or very limited in functionality. The speech management seems to only read the inserted text upon entering the slide. No other options seem available.

I know that I could record the speech as individual wave files and insert them via the Audio tab but.... gosh, I thought there would be an easier way to utilize TTS in Captivate 4.

Can I buy a clue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Hi Shawn

TTS only works at Slide level. Best bet is to insert a Blank Slide. Add notes. Convert to Speech. Then locate and rename the file so you preserve it. Rinse and repeat as needed until all the TTS has been created. Now they should be in the Library where you can freely assign them to whatever else you need.

Replying during lunch break on a contract job...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

TTS only works at Slide level. Best bet is to insert a Blank Slide. Add notes. Convert to Speech. Then locate and rename the file so you preserve it. Rinse and repeat as needed until all the TTS has been created. Now they should be in the Library where you can freely assign them to whatever else you need.

Replying during lunch break on a contract job...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick... That is just what I have begun to do.

BTW, I am really concerned that there is no option to externalize the audio. Although I am trying to minimize the number of pages per lesson, my lessons are very much speech rich. I am concerned that the resulting swf will be huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources