• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to edit typing in a demonstration recording?

Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am recording a software demonstration and I make a mistake while typing (it is quickly corrected before the next screen capture), how can I edit out this error?

I have looked and tried just about everything and it appears that Captivate 4 doesn't allow editing recorded key strokes. This cannot be true!

On a related note, is there any way to add new typing after a recording? These are features I had available to me when I used RWD uPerform.

On another somewhat related question, please see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/527563?tstart=0

Thank you

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Hi Shawn

If you right-click the typing in the Timeline, you may replace the typing with a simple Typing Text - Text Animation. You would then configure the Text Animation with what should be typed and time accordingly. You will also likely need to adjust the font characteristics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

If you right-click the typing in the Timeline, you may replace the typing with a simple Typing Text - Text Animation. You would then configure the Text Animation with what should be typed and time accordingly. You will also likely need to adjust the font characteristics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick....but that is just what I was afraid of...

The text animation feature is just not suitable b/c it is nearly impossible to replicate the exact font used in the recorded app.

It would be so much better if text could be edited.

Now that I know this, I will have to be careful when typing (knowing that a mistake means, retyping again).

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources