• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There a Way to Swap Out a PNG for an SVG?

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I can't see a list of SVGs to choose from. This is rediculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You find SVGs in the Assets panel, under the category 'Icons'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that I switch out a PNG that is on my Captivate canvas for an SVG that I imported into the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bitmap images and vector images wich are rendered starting from a script (SVG) are completely different beasts. I understand your frustration, but also the problem for the Captivate developers based on that information.  There are many situations where SVGs are not even possible in Captivate: you cannot use them to fill a shape although you can add it to the normal state of a shape. Just one example. And a SVG used as button has a lot more editing features than a bitmap image used as button.

Please feel free to launch a feature request. Here is a direct link to the form:

Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources