• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue for hidden items for bookmarking

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some hiden items in the menu. after bookmarking it loads the earliest page which is in the TOC and not last visited. I have attached file for reference.

As per the screenshot all pages under topic 1 are hidden bookmarking on those pages happen on Topic 1 page (slide no 4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

I repeat: achieve this NOT by hiding the slide names but by collapsing the groups. You cannot have navigation to slides if they do not appear in the TOC. If you collapse all groups boftokmarking by TOC will return the learner to the slide where he left provided the learner is on the same system and didn't clear the Browser history.

CollapseTOC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which bookmarking are you using?

Self-paced Learning bookmarking or LMS Resume Data bookmarking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using Self-paced Learning bookmarking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I already answered this question yesterday, even twice. You didn't react to that answer, but just posted it again. Any reason? Or was that other thread different? You talked about the TOC, where you had hidden slide names and only left the 'topic' name which was the name of a group. The slide names will not appear magically when the learner clicks a topic and it is impossible to navigate to a group name.

Repeating: is it not a valid alternative to collapse the group names in the TOC which is possible using the Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I lost my thread and not seen under " My follows" so today I again posted the query

Actully I observed this for set of screens for example.:1, 1a,1b,1c

I have set of slides  introduction launching page (1) page and subsequent slides. (1a,1b,1c)

and I am showing only 1st screen(1) of that set in menu .

When I exit from any of 1a or 1b or 1c ans return. lms brings me on 1 and not on 1a or 1b or 1c

I want bookmark should happen either on 1a or 1b or 1c from where I left off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot hide the slide names for those slides, that is why I proposed to replace it by collapsing the topics. I suspect English is not your native language, are you more comfortable in another language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Requirement is not to display sub pages in TOC. user should see only 8 topic headings in TOC ,so I hide sub pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat: achieve this NOT by hiding the slide names but by collapsing the groups. You cannot have navigation to slides if they do not appear in the TOC. If you collapse all groups boftokmarking by TOC will return the learner to the slide where he left provided the learner is on the same system and didn't clear the Browser history.

CollapseTOC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really appreciate for the resolution . I will suggest the correct method you provided for my cource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources