Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Adobes new Profiles

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since Adobe started using account profiles to seperate between a team-license and personal licenses on the same Adobe account I keep running into issues with my Captivate subscription.

My agency is using a "Adobe for Teams" license for InDesign, Illustrator, PS, etc.

As Captivate is outside of the Creative Cloud I am running a personal license of Captivate directly on my account. Up until last summer that was working fine. Now that Adobe has separated these licenses into separate profiles that you can switch between (for example on Adobe Stock), I can't run Captivate + any CC Application at the same time anymore.

If Captivate is the last programme I had opened, upon opening any CC programme I am greeted with the message that my subscription has run out, I then need to restart the Creative Cloud. log out of my profile, log back in and choose my team license profile and then restart whatever programme I wanted to open.

If any of the CC programmes was the last one to be opened, I am similarly greeted by an error message when opening captivate telling me that my trial period has ran out. (I did have this issue before multiple times before as well, but now this occurs everytime) If I'm lucky it shows the option for "One last start of the programme" where I can then get into the menubar, log out and log back in using my personal license profile. If that "last start" option is not present I have to go through a bunch of hoops to even be able to log out and log back in.

As you can imagine this makes working with Captivate a pain as I frequently need to create assets in Illustrator and Audition to use in my Captivate projects. Similarly I work on lots of other projects at the same time and need to be able to switch between programmes to work on those in between my Captivate sessions.

I don't really expect any solutions to this, but I am grateful for any ideas to make continuing to use Captivate reasonable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. I used to be in the same boat with CP unter one profile and Creative Cloud under another. It was definitely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a user like you, it is not up to me to help you with this issue. It has been reported multiple times on this forum. I will try to ask a staff member to help you, and hope this will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have sent you a private message and shared the details to contact us directly so that we can connect and look into the issue. I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards, 

Vaibhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources