• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge check incorrect answer will not show

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019. I have a knowledge check matching slide with correct and incorrect captions. The correct caption shows in HTML5 preview, but the incorrect caption does not show up at all - even when I test it before I make any adaptations to the slide. What am I missing?

Thanks, 
Jess

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the setup in the Quiz Properties slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jvergata_0-1659555668745.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When failing, the Retry message will appear. It has been checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except no message is appearing, despite it being checked. Are you clarifying that it will show when published, despite it not previewing that function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the Retry message under Quiz Preferences, Default labels? You can also find it on the KC slide itself. 

For testing, if this is a non-responsive project use only F11, Preview HTML in Browser please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was already attempted. As stated in the original question, the incorrect response does not show in HTML5 in Browser. Success/failure captions are set to default success/failure caption style. 

Here is a screencap of each of the messages:

jvergata_0-1659559090177.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't show the Retry message, it may be empty! You only showed the Correct, Incorrect and Unanswered message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. 
Hmmmm. Perhaps I'm not describing this correctly.  I'm less concerned about the retry message. I can uncheck that if needed. But the INCORRECT message is still not showing in HTML5 in Browser. That is the critical message for this slide/project. I have 1 failure message set on Quiz properties. I have "Incorrect - Click anywhere or press 'y' to continue" still set as the standard rmessage, with default failure caption settings  (will edit later if/when I can get it to work). My main priority/concern is getting the incorrect/failure message to show. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KC slides by default are set to Infinite Attempts. That is the reason the Retry message will appear until the answer is correct. But apparently you let the Retry message activated but you don't have a Retry message. The indication 'Press Y....' is only needed in that case for the Correct message. 

If you want the same behavior as for Quiz slides, limit the attempts to 1 or a finite number. If the attempt is set to 1, you don't need the Retry message and the Failure message will appear. Please have a look at this blog post which explains the differences between KC and quiz slides:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you. I will read through that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were very clear in explaining your question.  I am having the same issue when creating a Knowledge Check.  The "Incorrect" red bar does not show when wrong answer is selected and submitted.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about the Incorrect feedback message when you say 'red bar'? 

Did you read the blog post for which I posted a link? Can you post a screenshot of the setup of the KC slides?

Which Theme are you using? Some themes wrongly use the Success style for the Wrong feedback shapes. But the message, as formulated under Default Labels in Quiz Preferences, should be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources