• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to get hint box after 2 try again pop-up on incorrect clicks

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I am new to Adobe Captivate 2019.

I am working on a e-learning module, wherein, if my learner clicks incorrectly twice they should get 'Try again message. After 2 incorrect clicks it should give them a pop-up of hint with correct answer. I've tried using smart shape as a button and added 2 attempts in action and then show the hint box shape. However, when I preview it, it's working sometimes and sometimes not working. Even after publishing it in HTML file same issue persit and after 2 try again it lags for a second/two for hint box to appear. Is there anything else I can do, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Can you test this published project?

https://www.lilybiri.com/published/HintFail3/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

OK, will try to write out the blog post to explain the workflow and keep you posted when it is published.

Here is a link to the blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/automatic-hint-after-x-failed-clicks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create this very quickly, but it is not something easy to understand if you are new to Captivate. BTW please post always the full version number as you find under Help, About Captivate.

Very important question: are you in a non-responsive project or a fluid boxes responsive project? It is a lot easier in the first scenario because you can use inbuilt features. However in a normal fluid box it is impossible to stack objects which makes the action more complicated.

You may have a look at an older blog post which was also about Hints:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/showing-hint-with-a-delay

This will clarify why I wrote about being new...

Do you want a solution? I will write out another blog post, step by step. I will be using Captivate's features wherever possible.

About your present solution, could you post a screenshot of the slide timeline and of the Actions tab of the shape button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Lilybiri. It is captivate 2019 - 11.8.0.586 version.

I started with blank project (not using fluid box). Also, thanks for the link for your blog, I've read it. It's really informative. 

Yes, if you can help and write the steps will be a great help. Sharing the screenshots. smartshape type 2.PNGtimeline.PNGButton.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried show option and advance action as well. However, in both cases during preview my hint shape would lag to come-up or work all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong again with this **** platform. Notifications are down, I was not warned as is normal by your answers. It is only when I come to the forum and screen each thread that I can see answers. This is very annoying, because I am also moderator, need to log this important bug.

Looking at your screenshots, I see that you really need to learn some basics about Captivate. Why did you take out the pausing point of the shape button? From what I see, you just increased the duration of the slide, which makes no sense at all since there is no slide audio clip. Keep the pausing point at its default 1.secs. And please, do read this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

You'll see from the amount of views that this is one of the most important posts I ever wrote.

I will try to write out a step-by-step description in another blog post, but believe me, you really need some basic training or you'll bump on continuous frustrations. Believe me also that you'll not find everything on YouTube as most believe. Try to find an explanation about the Timeline pausing, or Quiz tweaks like what you want here.

Explanation for your not functional workflow is IN the timeline understanding. The play head is never paused on your timeline, which means that when the third failed click happens that play head will be already beyond the end of the Hint text timeline. 

Some patience, I will create a short project to show the result of my proposed workflow and post a link to its output here. If you like it I will write out the steps. A free contribution to your starting training, from a user with over a decade of experience with Captivate, and several decades with training of all kind (look at my website).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybir  - Thank you for your guidance and input. I will definitely go through the link you've shared along with other blogs on your page, your response is really insightful which has given me some clarity to start of with. Looking forward to your work-flow project to learn and understand, will wait for your response and in the meantime I will go through the materials and what you have suggested. Thank you for sharing your expertise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test this published project?

https://www.lilybiri.com/published/HintFail3/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri  - Hey, I have tested the published project link and it's working as per the requirement. This is what I was looking for 2 incorrect click pop-up and then hint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will try to write out the blog post to explain the workflow and keep you posted when it is published.

Here is a link to the blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/automatic-hint-after-x-failed-clicks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri  - Thank you so much for your support and guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the blog post useful? Please let me know if there are still problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lilybiri  - Yes, it's really useful, I am going through the blog, trying and learning it. In case, if there's any concern will definitely message you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources