• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Version Won't Save

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a trial of the latest version of Captivate to my Mac running Sonoma 12.5. Everything works great until I go to save my file, and then it just spins. It is stuck. I had to force quit more than once and lost everything each time. I currently have it spinning on save, and am about to lose everything again. Not a great trial experience that is going to make me start a subscription...unless I am missing something. The save dialog comes up, I try to save it to my local Documents folder, and then nothing happens. I have not made one successful save. Am I missing something? Is this a known issue?

captivate.png

TOPICS
Getting started , Import export , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a Windows user but had also a lot more issues when installing the new version. I don't know the exact situation for a Mac user, but by default WIndows synchronizes local documents with the Cloud OneDrive. I never had problems to do so for Captivate projects in previous versions, but it was a serious hurdle for the new version. I had to create paths for both the projects and the cache which were not synchronizing with the cloud. Could it be something similar? Second problem me on a Surface Pro, which is full-fledged laptop doubling as tablet (not the same as iPad Pro which is only a tablet) was the presence of two cameras which was confusing Captivate. I had to disable one camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources