• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manifest file not created when Publishing...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to Publish my Captivate course with the output set as zipped files. I've made the course SCORM compliant as far as I can tell but when I publish the course, there are no Manfiest files so the course does not work on our LMS. Anyone know why there would be no Manifest file? I've checked Zip files and Export HTML in the Publish screen...and it continues to just publish two .swf files and no imsmanifest.xml

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008
I just upgraded to Captivate 3, but it looks like my issue is fixed.

I ended up updating all the Adobe products on my computer and suddenly all the right files are being published! So I guess the updates fixed this. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
Have you set up SCORM as the output in your Preferences?
EDIT > PREFERENCES > QUIZ > ENABLE REPORTING
You should have checked the "Enable reporting for this project" box, then selected SCORM, then the SCORM version in side the "Manifest" dialog ... and so on.

What you report you have done is the publishing options, but first you have to set the above settings to produce the SCORM output during publishing - and that includes ZIP files as appropriate to your settings in Preferences.

Enjoy the day ~ Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, CatBandit:

That was the fix I needed. I have no idea how or why, but apparently this one module I've been working on randomly turned off the "Enable Reporting" check box. I've never been in this config screen before so I know it wasn't my doing. I'm curious if there's a keyboard shortcut combo that I may have accidentally hit to cause it to change.

Thanks again.

-Gleno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I've already done the SCORM Manifest and filled out all the necessary fields. When I go back to publish, "Export HTML" is grayed out and "Zip Files" is checked....when I publish it still only creates two .swf files! Any reason why these maifest files would not be created??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look carefully for a file with the extension ZIP, and a filename preceding that which reflects your original filename. It will contain all manifest files, SWF files, and everything. It should be there in the "main" \\My Adobe Captivate 3 Projects"\ folder, but it can be overlooked pretty easily, especially if you are used to the "create new folder" process of Captivate 3. To repeat, look in the main (parent) folder.

If you try to publish it a second time without changing the filename, I believe it will just overwrite the original - no dialog to warn you of that beforehand.

It would be nice if we had an extra button on the Publish dialog that allowed us to look at the files generated following the Publish process. Let us know if you still can't find it - but perform a Windows search for the myfilename.zip

~best wishes ~ Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I've found the ZIP files, but the only two files in the ZIP files are the two SWF files....usually there are 6 or 7 files, including the manifest.xml file. Any idea why only the 2 SWF's would be created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only possible reason (seems to me) is that the reporting options are not checked correctly in the EDIT > PREFERENCES > QUIZ > REPORTING. The only advice I have is to check the quiz setup once more. Sorry, but it seems the problem has to be in those selections.

I didn't ask earlier and should have ... what version of Captivate do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Captivate 3, but it looks like my issue is fixed.

I ended up updating all the Adobe products on my computer and suddenly all the right files are being published! So I guess the updates fixed this. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for sharing the fix so others can benefit

I should have asked earlier what version you are running, and that could have shortcut some of the that frustration, but all's well that ends well.

Have a great day!! ~ Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this string when searching for the same issue. I, too have opened a published zip file and found only two swf files in it. I've selected to use SCORM and have entered data as I have in the past for the Manifest options. Based on this string, I've updated my Adobe Reader to v9. I'm using Captivate 3, Build 580.
The cp file was created in Captivate 2, converted to Captivate 3, then published. But I've done this with other cp files and it worked fine. The only difference I can think of is the audio in this file may have been imported while the others were handled from within Captivate.
Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources