Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Slide Background - Responsive Project

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Crazy question for the day. I'm setting up a responsive project. I inserted a background on the Main Master. I checked the box to show the Main Master on the master slides that I want to use and set up the Fluid boxes and text holders. when I go to filmstrip view, the fluid boxes show as I built them, but the background from the Main slide is black instead of the image I used. If I go into each slide and add the background, it shows, but I'd rather not do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Here is a video I prepared to show you how I manage background images in fluid box responsive design. I hope this helps you: https://youtu.be/UBJsOh0ZyUU

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just busy with a blog post about background images in non-responsive and responsive projects, but will take more time than expected.

The Main master slide is almost useless if you are in a Fluid Boxes project, you cannot create fluid boxes on the main master slide (and not transfer objects to other master slides). You need to use the daughter master slides. Since you cannot stack objects in a fluid box, can you explain how you inserted the 'background' image? Even recently I did see another question about background images, but the user didn't insert it as background but just as an image object on the slide or master slide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video I prepared to show you how I manage background images in fluid box responsive design. I hope this helps you: https://youtu.be/UBJsOh0ZyUU

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paul! That was perfect!! I've watched a lot of your videos. You showed this in a different one, and I forgot about it. I hadn't started developing responsive content until last month. Your videos have been awesome for helping me quickly learn. Plus, the support on this community. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah with over 500 videos I've forgotten more of my videos than I remember. Of course, the one advantage is that this video is with the latest version of Captivate. Some of my older videos are with Captivate 2017, 9 or 8.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources