• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing properties panel

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 Line Properties panel is missing all of a sudden.  I'd like to change line color and thickness but all that shows up in the properties panel is shadow Shadow and Refelection options.  I tried clearing cache and restarting the system to no avail?

What the Sam Hill is going on?

addendum:  the properties panel is randomly disappearing on other shapes too. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show us screenshots of what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line object is bit special, lacks a lot of properties which are available for other shapes (rotation angle is only one of them). Reason why I often replace it by a rectangular shape. Somethiing is awry with this shape.

However, did you try to clean the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder. Run the CleanPreferences.. file appropriate for your OS, whilce Captivate is closed.

Could you please check the exact version number under Help About Updates? There are many versions of CP2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also missing the Properties Panel all of a sudden.  I tried clearing the cache and also running the CleanPreferences files as suggested in another post but it didn't fix the problem.  Is there anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You miss it completely or part of it?

Are you on the Newbie or the Expert UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources