Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing slides content of original .pptx file after convertion

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts,

maybe somebody can help me out here, so far I couldn´t solve it on my own, in fact I am also a new user of Captivate too.

What I did: After open up Captivate (testversion) and creating a new project from powerpoint, loading the presentation .pptx file into Captivate without changing any project characteristics I couldn´t help noticing slides content went missing or became greyed out (in fact "blacked"). It keeps staying like that after viewing HTML5 within the browser.... This problem occurs only on the right part of the slides and it is not all "blacked" out either, just some pieces, looks almost like an artifacts problem. I also couldn´t fix it by changing the slides size.

What am I missing? Or does this something have to do with the testversion? I need to know that in advance of buying Captivate...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Import PPT slides is one of the less performing features of Captivate. If this is so important to you, maybe you'd better look for a PPT plugin application (iSpring is one of the best).  Each PPT slide in Captivate is converted to sort of a movie slide, including all animations created in PPT. But you don't have any control over the individual objects, which is very important IMO if you want to create real eLearning assets, not presentations. For eLearning interactivity is the primary goal, not presenting content.

I never use PPT to start an eLearning course myself. But I can tell you that the trial version has all the features of the licensed version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, thanks a lot for your quick response and all your hints! In the meantime I continued figuring out and I kind of got aware of what might cause this problem. Just changing the file size (by that I mean the dimensions beforehand importing the .pptx file into Captivate). I had to make it smaller but within Powerpoint, then I got my desired result 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Captivate proposes a size to convert the PPT project, didn't you accept that proposal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did yes, but that didn´t work... then I tried different sizes, but all didn´t work out. So I made smaller in PP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources