• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse jumps in .mp4 output

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In certain places within the .mp4 output the mouse begins to move slowly and then suddenly jumps to it's destination. I checked the Captivate source file, and on the slides in question there is nothing amiss with the mouse behavior or it's orientation. The mouse has the additional "Show for rest of slide" option applied to it. But on other slides with this behavior, there is no issue. This only occurrs in the .mp4 output, not within the Captivate project and NOT in the HTML output. My reviewers can only view .mp4 output and they see bizarre mouse movements. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell which version you are using. Full version number is under Help, About Captivate. I just know that it is NOT version 12 because publishing to MP4 is only possible for a non-responsive project in one of the previous versions.

Is this a software simulation? If yes, please prefer to use Video Demo instead of a sim in Demo mode. Video Demo is meant to be published to MP4 only and its quality is much better. Moreover the non-destructive editor has a lot more possibilities.

Since you talk about Mouse behavior, I suspect you point at FMR (Full Motion Recording) slides. Those slides often lead to issues, because they are originally SWF-based and need to be converted to MP4 on publishing. So you end up with a file which includes a lot of small MP4s and that is the cause of the problems. If you don't want to use VideoDemo for the full course, at least replace the FMR slides with Video Demo slides and you'll may end up with a much better result when publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Captivate Classic, v11. All videos are software simulations. I've not experienced this problem before. The slides in question are not FMR's. They are are static slides with only mouse movement to capture. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you capture the mouse movement? Normally in a FMR-slide, I don't know of any other way.

That is a very buggy release. Please update to 11.8.3.8 which is a bit better.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 11.8.2.216.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small collection of Media (folder) with fullmotion files. That's what I'm referring to when I say FMR slides. Nearly all of my slides capture only mouse movement and small screen changes, nothing more. In most slides, the mouse behavior is normal. I just can't figure out why it's broken (slow, then instant-jump to destination) in only some slides. I should've clarified: the Captivate projects are published to .mp4 format for review purposes only. They are eventually published to HTML and deployed to an LMS.  I must use the Software Simulation capture method....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are indeed the SWF files which I referred to, they need to be converted to MP4 files and that is not always working well.. That is why I recommended to replace them by Video Demo slides if you really don't want to use the much better Video Demo included with Captivate. You can add a Video Demo slide, it is bit cumbersome but that will lead to a better result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources