Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-SCOs , Quiz Navigaton and Taleo LearnCenter LMS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am playing with the Multi-SCO function and may have a basic misunderstanding of the Captivate structure. And please, don't bring up "this is a really bad training approach" - I am dealing with what I have to work with.

The projects I have are divided into three or more modules, or sections in one CPTX file. The end of each module has a question relevant to that module. Scoring is handled at the end of the presentation.

As a single CPTX file in Taleo LearnCenter, this approach works fine. But some of these modules are very long and the liklihood that a user will fail the quiz is fairly high. So there is interest in having the ability to retake the quiz without having to go back through all the content. 

The "Retake Quiz" button works fine when the user fails, but it goes to the first question of the first module. The user then has to work through the rest of the project to get all of the questions answered, so the user ends up taking the entire project two or more times before obtaining a passing score. This is a hassle.

So I thought that a multi-sco package may be a workaround. I have the content split out into "_content" projects/zip files and "_quiz" projects/zip files. Then selecting the "Simple Remediation" packager, I create one module that has "content" and "quiz", create a second module for the second "content" and "quiz" and so on. 

The publish is in SCORM 2004, but the Taleo LearnCenter LMS just displays the first module content without navigating the quiz. So clearly, I am missing something. 

Ideas on how to get the multi-sco working correctly? Where is my error?

A more attractive approach for the people I am working on this for, would be:

> On Fail, go to Module 1 quiz

> On final Module 1 quiz question, go to Module 2 quiz 1

> On Module 2 quiz completion, go to Module 3, quiz 1

> At end of Module 3 quiz, submit and score.

Note that I am looking for a way to navigate around the intervening content, allow the users to just take the quiz, but have this ability ONLY upon fail.

Will the Multi-SCO packager allow to move from quiz to quiz and/or is there a systemic way to have an ON FAIL GOTO scenario?

Many thanks for any thougths or experiences! And let me know at what point I have lost you....

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore this question -I am posting a more relevant question, or at least one that should work better if solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources