Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple answers needed : attempts until every correct answers is checked

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! 

I’m trying to create a simple quiz with a multiple choice questions. 3 answers are correct and 2 wrong.
I would like the learner to have 2 attempts to get all the right answers checked. 
BUT the issue is that even if only 1 correct answer is checked out of the 3, the question is considered as correctly answered. And the learner continue to the next question… 
Is there a way to force the learner to select the 3 good answers ? And if it’s not the case, to retry the question ?

Here is the options i’ve selected for my quizz

Thanks 

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert screenshots, do not attach them. Much easier for those who want to answer. Otherwise we have to download the image, open it in an app, then delete it again. This time I couldn't even download the attachment, this platform often has issues.

I just double-checked in 11.5.499 and the question slide works as expected. If I select only one or two correct answers I will get the Incorrect message. Beware: I didn't assign partial scores for each of the correct answers. 

I suspect that you attributed partial scores. In that case you'll have the situation you described. If you do not use partial scoring the learner will not have any score if he doesn't succeed at having all correct answers checked.

Let me know if you really want partial scoring, I could work out a step-by-step with advanced actions in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that a Multiple Choice (radio button) question which only accepts ONE correct answer can be turned into a Multiple Response (check box) question by selecting the Multiple Answers checkbox in Quiz tab?
QuizQuestionMultipleAnswer.png

If you select this option and then mark the correct answers in Edit mode, your quiz question should work as you want and only if the learner selects all correct answers on that slide will it be marked correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, not when you use Partial scoring. That is what I explained in my answer. If you activate partial scoring, even an answer which doesn't have all correct answers is considered to be correct and the attempt to be finished. One of the problems with partial scoring, as is also the value of the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoTotalCorrectAnswers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see any mention of Partial Scoring in the original poster's question.  Where was that stated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't download the JPEG.  If that was the case also for you, we both made an assumption. You assumed the OP  didn't define a MCQ with Multiple answers, I supposed the OP did but also checked the option Partial score. In both 'assumed situations' there is an explanation for the question to be considered correct.  It made the answer complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources